Best way to clean powerbook screen?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Skilz34, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Skilz34 macrumors member

I've read the manual on this subject, but sometimes when I clean with a paper towel I can still see marks and/or lines on my PowerBook screen?

What methods, cleaners, do you guys use? Do you use a kleenex or paper towel?

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I use the iKlear kit. Kinda expensive, but I don't use it anywhere near as often as the reccomend, and in fact have used less than half of it over a year. Failing that though, I would get some lens cleaner cloth to wipe the screen with. I wouldn't recomend using paper towels or kleenex.

3. sahnert macrumors 6502

i use scotch brite (3M) dusting rags that work great. By the way there was a thread with the same topic a couple of weeks ago. Do a search.

4. neut macrumors 68000

neut

iKlear is the ****. got some right here in the office. the multi pack thing from OWC is a good deal and will last quite a while (unless your a clean freak) ;)

...and yeah, there are quite a few threads on this stuff.

5. Fabrix2003 macrumors regular

Big mistake for me.

well i used a wood polish, like the pledge, we call it pledge in uk a little bit on a yellow duster rub it in the cloth and hey presto best way to remove those dirty sweat marks on top of the powerbook, but did use it or the screen, but wouldnt recommenddoing that for the heavy handed people. :rolleyes:

6. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

7. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

Bottled joy

I use a tiny drop of normal washing-up liquid on a soft slightly wet paper tissue to remove the grease marks of clients and friends from my 15" PB. I´ve had it since 2001, wiped it clean twice a month and it´s mint! Make sure you don´t put too much water & soap on it.

I recon a bottle of washing up liquid will last me till January 2054. Very cheap!

8. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

you know those microfiber rags you get with sunglasses. Well they're the best since you probabley already have one, just use a small amout of water of slag and wipe it down. Cot effective and you know it wont scratch since they don't scratch placstc sunglass lenses

9. Chomolungma macrumors regular

iPaperTowel

I use iPaperTowel and iTapwater to clean the screen and keyboard.:D Seriously! I has worked for me for the last three years (TiPB rev A). I live in the southwest where dust is a problem, and cleaning is often done.

One thing that i'm concern about is the slow accumulation of dust on the inside. It is hard to get them out with a vacuum hose. There are hard to reach little places in there that I don't want to touch. Be that as it may, I think my PB will run for at least another two years, and then a new PB I suppose.

Chomo-

10. Fabrix2003 macrumors regular

yeah gotta say when cleaning the inside you can get those airspray cans which seem to work a treat in the vents, pops out at the other side too. :)

11. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Definitely get iKlear! That stuff rocks... OWC has good prices on it. The Apple store actually carries it, and thats what they recommend.

12. Fabrix2003 macrumors regular

can you get iklear in the united kingdom in known stores might put it on my wishlist for my stocking for christmas list.