best way to connect an Air to your HDMI Receiver for Boxee?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ghileman, Jan 12, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Feb 4, 2008
  2. macrumors P6

Apr 1, 2005
    Space--The ONLY Frontier
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 4, 2008
    I don't think you can get 5.1 out of macbook air because it doesn't have a toslink like other macs. see this post and one very frustrated purchaser of, i believer, that very adapter:

I apologize for the caps, but I feel it is required...

I bought this adapter because at the time their product page said it supported uncompressed audio formats. After purchasing the cable, they snuck a little blog post on a subsection of the site stating that it did not. Over the weekend, they quietly changed the page to no longer reflect the uncompressed audio comments. I submitted a complaint to their site that was admittedly not worded very politely (no cursing, just complaining about being "duped" by their poor wording) and requested a swap for the USB+HDMI only model or a refund. They have refused, so I am now going through the process of filing a Better Business Bureau complaint to see if I can recoup my $78 after shipping. I'll be lucky if I see a single penny back and now I have to pay $40 to get a functional product from a reputable business ( is awesome and I should have known better!). Needless to say, avoid at all costs!

("THAT COMPANY" being Kanex - I didn't realize that both quotes didn't copy.)