Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adelejjeh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
Urbana, IL, USA
Hi All

I have an Early-2015, 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display. I am looking for a good dock/docking station which can give me the following capability:
  • Connecting an ethernet cable
  • Connecting 2 DVI monitors or 1 DVI and 1 DisplayPort Monitors or atleast 1 DVI/DP and 1 HDMI monitor
  • Connecting peripharels (USB 3.0) etc...

I would appreciate any input regarding what would be a good dock for this. I have seen a lot of docks online that provide HDMI and Thunderbolt ports, however none that provide DVI/DP ports.

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
I would appreciate any input regarding what would be a good dock for this. I have seen a lot of docks online that provide HDMI and Thunderbolt ports, however none that provide DVI/DP ports.
- Thunderbolt ports are compatible with Mini DisplayPort and, with an adaptor, with DVI. However, most if not all of the Thunderbolt docks only support two displays if at least one of them is an actual Thunderbolt display.

Either:

a) Get two Thunderbolt docks and daisy chain them, utilising one display on each dock, or
b) Use more than one port on your MBP, or
c) Go all in and get something completely different such as the Henge Docks Horizontal dock.

Or, of course, replace one of your monitors with a Thunderbolt-equipped monitor.

Last edited:

v3nom

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
AFAIK there is no TB dock that allows you to connect two (not TB) displays to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.