Best way to get rid of iPhone "popups" (SMS, FB notifications, etc)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by atrac7, Aug 7, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

I am unsure if this is the right sub forum to post in, and if it is, forgive me, but I figured that since the native OS in the iPhone really does not seem to have a feature to block these popups, the best route was to dive in to the "hacking" forums

So my problem is pretty simple...on my 3GS with 4.0, I have LockInfo installed, so obviously i am jailbroken. The problem is I can't even utilize one of the best features of LockInfo which is viewing my texts on the actual LockInfo screen. Instead when I unlock my phone (or remain on the lock screen) i am forced to stare at the giant blue iPhone popup saying I have a text.

For privacy and convenience purposes: Is there any way to really disable this from happening? This includes getting the "missed calls" popup, SMS popup, facebook, ETC out of the way. I would much rather utilize the Notifications plugin of LockInfo.

Thanks in advance for any proposed solutions

2. macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

You can disable that in the settings of Lockinfo

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Care to elaborate if possible? I REMEMBER doing that in my old 3g but for the love of God can't seem to find the setting for this...i thought it used to be in general but really can't find it. I will look a bit more right now and hopefully find it

Oh and thank you for the fast response

**EDIT: I found it. I was being a noob and not looking closely enough. It was under "LockScreen". Thanks once more!