Best Way To Rip Movies?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adam044, Jan 2, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

adam044

So I have some DVDs that I would like to rip so I can play them on my apple devices and stream them to my Apple TV. So I want them to be DVD quality not crappy pixelated movies. I'm familiar with handbrake is that the best to use? What settings? Or should I try a different one

2. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

HandBrake is my recommendation. Just use the default format/quality setting and quality should be good.

3. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

adam044

What default settings should I use? Will it rip in 1080p?

5. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

In the drawer thing on the left side, under the heading "Regular", choose Normal. That will keep the original resolution (1080P if the original source is that) and normal video quality. That's it, no other settings to mess with.

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

adam044

Ok I'll see how well they come out

----------

How many GB would every season of lost be

7. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I think you'll be pleased with Handbrake. It's one of the most widely used programs on the forums for converting video to Mac/iOS devices. I've used it on all of my DVD and Blu Ray collection.

Depends on quality again. I'll check how many GB's some of my TV shows are when I finish moving in.

8. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You can't do one episode and figure it out yourself? I get that people have some trouble with tech sometimes, but needing hand holding every single steps of the way? Do you need help naming the files as well?

9. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

What's the original source? DVD? Blu-ray? I wouldn't know how large the files will be because I don't watch lost. Also, to rip DVDs you need to install VLC because VLC has a component that HandBrake needs/uses to decrypts the DVD.

10. macrumors 6502a

Forums like this are for questions, discussions, and assistance. If you're not here to participate and simply to moderate then either become a moderator or leave.

11. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I agree, however don't feel like it's necessary to take the rod, put on the bait, hook the fish and gut it for someone, teaching them to do so themselves will be much more beneficial to everyone, especially when there's countless threads out there with the exact same info, though there is no real web "repository" where you can simply search for "iPhone DVD rip" and come up with literally a google of results.