Best way to SELL an iBook ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by elensil, May 5, 2005.

1. elensil macrumors regular

I want to upgrade my iBook 700 for a powerbook. Have any of you had experiences selling to retailers such as macsolutions.com etc? How about eBay?

Thank you

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Try the marketplace forum here on MR, and if you don't get the asking price try one of the many auction places online...

3. esegal2 macrumors newbie

This may sound stupid, but how do you get to the marketplace forum on this site?... I couldn't find it

... oh wait, nevermind, i found it... do many people successfully buy and sell macs on the marketplace forum?

4. rkphoto macrumors regular

rkphoto

What are the specs of your iBook and how much do you want to sell it for? I may be interested.

rk

5. nbame786 macrumors newbie

im also selling an ibook

600mhz... 256 ram, cd burner/dvd combo drive... wireless airport card, new 40g harddrive... kinda scratched up body wise, screen is perfect, needs a new battery and a new power cord... just want to get a couple hundred for it.. looking for 400... any takers?

6. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Though you might get slightly less here, your experience is a LOT better. You have friend MR customers and a nice community to deal with, plus no listing or final value fees.

7. xyian macrumors 6502

xyian

I find that if you let people know about it being for sale and then selling it for cash that it usually turns out to be the best way to sell it. ;)

Seriously, I just sold my iBook. Posted it on craigslist.org and didn't have to deal with shipping or anything else. Sold it in two days and got what I would have gotten for trade in.

8. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

ebay with computers has been really bad latly imo, i am going to sell my Toshiba in the Newspaper you get more money plus more people see it. I did this with last laptop and got swarmed with calls in 3 days lol...

9. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

Bought an iB and a Mini from mizzoucat through MR's Market place, NO PROBLEMS. I got lucky and dealt with a real cool guy...

Good luck!

10. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Woha... you might want to ease down on the sig just a little... before the Mods do it for you... (I think there's a 6 line limit...)

Edit: Too late... :p

11. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

lol they Pmed me already like mad dog coming after me.. Its fixed now..

12. makisushi macrumors 6502

I sold my ibook on ebay with no problems whatsoever. I only accepted bids from people in the US.