Best way to spend $75 @ Dell, for PM G5

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ouphe, Aug 13, 2005.

1. ouphe macrumors regular

Hey everybody.
    So I have a coupon for $75 dollars I can use on any purchase $75 dollars and up at the Dell online store.
    I've got a PM G5 in the mail, and I've got a monitor for it already, but I'm trying to think of what else I should get to accessorize that bad boy.
    My first thought was to get some kind of speaker system, but I'll probably be using the PC I currently have for music, so it wouldn't really be an add-on for the PM at all.
    Any suggestions for 'must-have' items from the Dell online store, at or around $75?
    Thanks!

-Colin

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

a good muti button mouse( if you like them) or a small flash drive you coudl get like a 512 mb one

3. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

A USB flash drive is a good call as above. Maybe some kind of KVM to share your kb/mouse between the Mac and PC?

Does your G5 come with a Superdrive? If so, grab some blank discs, if not, put the cash towards a DVD±RW.

4. ouphe thread starter macrumors regular

The multibutton mouse is definitely something to consider...
    I've already got too many flash drives to count, so I'll probably skip getting another one of those.
    Yeah, it does have a superdrive, but I'm pretty well stocked with CD-Rs and DVD-R's, so I should be okay with that, as well.
    Any suggestions on which mouse I should be looking at? I don't have bluetooth, and I don't like the lag, anyway, so I'm just looking for something corded and optical, with at least two buttons and a scroller.
    Maybe if it's cheap enough, I could get a mouse and some speakers :D

Thanks for your advice so far, and thanks in advance for any further from advice from anyone and everyone.

-Colin

5. iGary Guest

iGary

Buy 75.00 worth of Dell mousepads and sell them on Ebay at a profit.

6. ouphe thread starter macrumors regular

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

People will actually want to buy Dell mousepads? :eek:

8. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

Do you have a DV Cam? How about buying a higher capacity battery for it. I'm getting a 2x battery for my Canon ZR65. That's about $70. Other than that- does dell sell those $100 USB (musical) keyboards that hook up to GarageBand? That'd be fun to tinker around with...

9. ouphe thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm

I DO have a DV cam...the battery is not a bad idea. I'm not sure how often I'll use the thing, but perhaps I'd use it more if the battery lasted longer :)
    The Midi keyboard isn't a bad idea, either. I'll have to see what they have available in that area.
    Thanks again to everyone for their ideas!

-Colin

10. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Not sure if Dell sells these but what about one of those really good surge protectors, you could put your landline phone, cable TV coax cable, plus your comp and everything through it. Might save your PM in a surge, or smething that gives you 10-15 minutes to back up anything important before you lose power while your HD is spinning. I've always wanted one thought it would be worth it if you live in an area that loses power on occasion.

11. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i like the surge protector idea... what about RAM?