Best way to stay informed?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by sublimeguide, Jan 13, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Dec 12, 2010
    i am interested into the best app on the ipad to stay updated on what's going on in the world(also some weird and interesting news probably?) without spending TOO much time. I mean i have tried a lot of great stand a lone apps (like abc/usa today/cnn/ etc etc ) but it takes a lot of time to shift through them since sometimes i like the information on some more than the other and some times the opposite. So far the best all in one app for trending news topics is SkyGrid but i haven;t tested it long enough and i am interested to know if some of you already have in mind some that are proven great choices. Also It would be really nice to point the best video info apps, i think that Newsy is really good and i like the idea of combining multiple sources but it would be perfect if it was updated more regularly.
  2. macrumors member

Nov 30, 2009

Try Pulse, you can set RSS feeds from a bunch of different sources.

Plus it's free. Download and try don't like delete.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Dec 12, 2010
    I don't like it very much. It is an RSS reader and i use for now other. In gives the newest news but not the most viewed/ recommended / top etc.
  4. macrumors 65816

Apr 11, 2007
  5. thread starter macrumors member

Dec 12, 2010
    I use it as primary rss reader (although it doesn't have "like" function on the feeds which is odd, considering the developers thought about a lot of other thigs, but again i don't need rss reader but a news app like SkyGrid to which i will probably stick since there are no better alternatives for now.