Best way to use iPod in '05 F-150?

Discussion in 'Community' started by corywoolf, Jul 31, 2005.

1. corywoolf macrumors 65816

Jun 28, 2004
    What is the best way to connect the ipod to the radio in the f-150? I can't create a thread in the ipod accessories forum. Any help would be great. I have a tunecast (1st version). It doesn't work well with the f-150.

thanks in advance

2. EJBasile macrumors 65816

Apr 20, 2004
    Check out this guys thread.
    Ford Explorer

He has a new ford explorer that he wants to connect his iPod to. Hes looking into doing it through an AUX input in the head unit. I assume that you two guys cars have a similar if not the same radio. You might want to talk to him to see what he finds out.

(you might have to scroll down a little in the thread)
  3. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Jul 4, 2004
    If you own one, and can do it, I would go with EJ's idea. I move my iPod between my car and the F-150 work provides for me, for that I use the Monster Radio transmitter thingy, it's convenient and recharges the pod too.
  4. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    South Dakota, USA
    Hmmm...thanks...that might work for my Explorer and this person's F-150. I will have to read more. There is A LOT of discussion about the AUX key on the Ford CD6/MP3 stereos, but not a lot of answers out there. Some claim it only works with the factory DVD players, but others say there is a way to use it as an iPod connector.

Never is not compatible with models that have the changer built into the head unit...My search goes on. Of course if I really wanted to take the time to burn everything to MP3 disks (including converting some AAC material back to MP3) I could probably fit a pretty nice song library between the 6 CD changer. Oh well.

Ok this one MIGHT work for me
  5. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2003
    I've hooked an iPod up using the Belkin kit in an '03 E-150 van, but the particular van has the VCR option installed and therefore has auxillary plugs (with no ground loop interference) in the console between the two seats on the second row.

Don't know if this info will help you with your truck, but I'm posting anyhow just in case.