Best Web Host?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by clearaway, Feb 28, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I Have a MacPro. I am looking for a Host for a web site. I have been looking at Go Daddy and Register.com.

Can I please get some feedback and a recommendation asz to which Host to go with.

Many thanks Folks.
    Al

2. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

Dreamhost is good, their support is awesome. So is Media Temple. Go Daddy is decent too, and you might just stick with it if you have a domain with them. Just upgrade the package to one with no ads and some MySQL databases.

But don't go for the cheapest. The good hosts that cost you $10-20 have good spam protection, and the hosts that don't have it and aren't actively blocking it, have LOTS of it coming in.

3. macrumors 65816

I enjoyed Bluehost.com when I ran websites.

4. macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Stay away from GoDaddy; bad reputation from posts on here.

Vidahost are very good :D.

5. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Decent priced, I like ICDSOFT and their service is top notch. I typically get my service tickets responded (and usually resolved) within 10 minutes.

6. macrumors 65816

designs216

GoDaddy is cheap and not much else. Features are hard to without many clicks and they make this worse by frequently moving things around. I've also had crappy customer service from 1&1. Right now, I'm with BlueHost. They aren't cheap but service has been good and I think their UI is fairly well designed.

7. macrumors 6502

I use winhost. Seems decent for .NET platform websites.

8. macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Thanks for contributing, but in this case the OP noted they use a Mac so doubtful a proprietary Windows based hosting site specializing in ASP.NET, IIS and SQL Server intended primarily for Microsoft products might be used.

;)

9. macrumors member

I can tell you who isn't...

1&1. Worst host ever. They're evil.

10. macrumors 6502a

tekboi

I'd go with Bluehost. I haven't had any problems with them at all. Been with them for about 6-7 years.

11. macrumors member

I've been using mediatemple since 00/01, and it the only host I suggest to freelance clients. Though the ones mentioned above are solid.