Best wired mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Peripherals' started by SDAVE, Feb 13, 2012.

1. macrumors 68030

SDAVE

I have a VX Revolution from Logitech and a wireless Aluminium keyboard from Apple, the latter is extremely responsive, but I am coming in terms of the mouse being less responsive than I want it to be.

I dont want to get the magic mouse as I dislike Apple mice. I have a Wacom tablet on my desk, but that's used for other purposes.

Using my MBP in the clamshell mode is great, but the unresponsive mouse is killing me. I don't have a cell phone nearby, so that's not the issue. Receiver is well close enough to the mouse.

So the question is: ergonmic 2 button mouse with a wire (I use a USB hub). Bluetooth mice are quite expensive so don't want to get into that, unless...there is something good that's worth the cash.

Thanks!

2. macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

Can i ask why you would want to go with a wired mouse? they seem a bit outdated and for me unusable in some cases.

3. macrumors 6502

Suno

1. In many cases it's cheaper than bluetooth.

2. It's more responsive.

That's really the only two reasons I can think of off the top of my head. I play games so having a responsive mouse is a must.

4. macrumors 6502a

I love the $8 wired mouse I got at walmrt :)

5. macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

LOGITECH M305
    it uses a dongle
    IMO the best mouse
    its often for sale for >$15
    had it for several months and still using the battery it came with. Also comes in lots of colours.

Everyone on MR (it seems) likes logitech.

6. thread starter macrumors 68030

SDAVE

I don't move my mouse anymore, so I wouldn't mind have a cable that runes through the back of my desk. I'm always on the move and I dock my MBP to my monitor and work right away.

A few examples why I prefer a wired mouse:

1. More responsive
    2. No batteries to worry about (although I could get rechargable batteries..)

I have one of these tiny mice, it's terrible for work, imo. I use Adobe applications and my arm used to get cramped all the time. The current mouse is this one, which is fairly old. It's bigger than the other micro laptop mice.

7. macrumors 65816

Dweez

I've used this mouse for a few months and very much like it. It was recently replaced with a Logitech Anywhere MX, and the M305 now serves my wife's MBP. Admittedly moving from a full sized mouse to the smaller form factor took a bit of getting used to, but it didn't take too long.

8. macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

out of all wired mouses this is the one i have used and trust, its cheap and reliable.

[​IMG]

here is a link to buy it.

Kensington Mouse.

9. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I don't use wireless mice and keyboards. You have to replace the batteries from time to time and they are unreliable in my experience...

10. macrumors newbie

SDAVE

Look at Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 & 4.0. This is the best ergonomic mouses ever - relax for hand. I worked with version 4.0 more than 5 years, but it got left click issue. Now my 5 y.o. IME 4.0 stuck with this issue and I'm looking for an alternative, but till now has no luck. Thinking to buy the same model again & don't care for that issue :)

11. macrumors regular

That mouse is an a4Tech mouse rebranded. The x750bf is the best version that they've sold, but I agree that are one of my favorite mice, and some of the nicest that I've owned.

I've also owned a lot of intellimouse explorer 3.0's (and 1.1's, and opticals) which are very comfortable and responsive. I also have the mx revolution, and it's one of the worst mice i've had. The mx 6 series mice are a nicer version, and the mx400 is a corded version. They are all comfortable, but unresponsive (even the corded version).

12. macrumors 65816

Just wondering whether or not anyone has any updated replies for this thread now:D

13. macrumors regular

willgreene99

I switched to this mouse recently and for the past several months, it is one of the best I have used. Response is good but my preference is that it is smooth. It almost feels like a hovercraft when it glides across the pad. I didn't think it would have made such a difference, but it did, for me.

And the pulsating glow is cool.

[​IMG]

Here is the link to the mouse: http://www.razerzone.com/taipan#top

14. macrumors 68000

bobr1952

I would only buy a wired mouse--if I want to be wireless I will use the trackpad on my MacBook. Love my Razer Imperator. :D

Attached Files:

15. macrumors member

For those not always looking for change for the sake of change; the HP GW405AT is a solid mouse based on a solid design. I ordered one to replace a cordless apple magic mouse at work, as cordless just doesn't make sense to me for a mouse or keyboard, and the Apple corded mouse has a scroll ball that always clogs; I also have this HP laser mouse at home, and it has never let me down.

Attached Files:

• HP.jpeg
      HP.jpeg
      File size:
      4 KB
      Views: