Best WoW class/race combo...

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Jul 20, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Just curious to see what you all think is the best race class combo in the game... :confused:

2. macrumors regular

honestly -- the differences can help in the beginning of the game, but by level 15 they are kinda pointless..

undead mage (high intellinct, resistance to sleep, stun, etc)
    tauren warrior (stomp)
    troll hunter (vs beasts, berzerk)

If you want to be a druid you don't have options.

racial traits can hinder also. - depending on class and profession.
    hunters and mining/herbalism do not compute.
    dwarf and mining/herbalism/hunter do not copmute.

or help..
    gnome and engineering.

getting professions and class is more impostant.
    hunter/druid/rogue with leatherworking. (can use leather)
    Mage and tayloring (can make better armor then most of what you pickup. I could make blue items at lvl 29
    mage and alchemy - they can't heal themselves.
    warrior and blacksmithing.

etc.

dave

3. Moderator emeritus

yellow

Troll Shaman.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I went undead warrior and must say i see some great bonuses for doing so. The three i use most are WOTF , Canabalize and Under water breathing. I came into this class from a Night elf hunter and I love the extra defense the hunter lacked. I loved so much i am going full Protection/ fury as my spec. In PvP it usually takes 3-4 to bring my 26 undead warrior down and in PVE grps love me cause i can hold agro so nukers nuke. Over all I thought of going Tauren or orc as a warrior but think undead makes a better denfensive warrior due to WOTF and Cannabalize.

5. macrumors 604

scem0

Statistically, I think an engineering, gnome, mage would be the best. Gnomes get +5% intelligence, the most important stat for a mage, and then +10 engineering, which is very helpful.

The +5% int is enough to make it a great combination, the engineering is a nice bonus.

scem0

6. macrumors newbie

1377MacGamer

I have a 60 Human Warrior 31/20/0 (Mining/Blacksmith-Swordsmith) with an Arcanite Reaper. I have a belt that gives me +40 attack power bonus. With my Battle Shout I get about 1k melee power. With BOM from a pally i get over 1200. Using Mortal Strike rank 4, I crit like a mad man and target priests off the bat.

I havent played much as horde, so I cant say for them.

7. macrumors 68000

Abulia

The undead bonuses are just sick. All useful. WOTF in PvP while everyone else scrambles for anti-fear trinkets (that you can use too!).

8. macrumors 604

scem0

WotF was majorly nerfed with the last patch, though, as it should have been.

scem0

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Yes it was toned down but it is still useful as hell in PVP situations. Especially on priests. :cool:

10. macrumors 68000

Abulia

Yea, I play a warlock (I like self-inflicted pain) and WOTF is the bane of all evil. :D

I honestly don't bother with Fear anymore; it's just not worth it.

11. macrumors 65816

patseguin

My 2 favorite characters are my 46 Gnome Warlock and my 35 Human Mage. Casters have been the most fun for me personally.

12. macrumors regular

I'm partial to warlocks because they just feel more interesting to play. Granted, PvP is really, really hard to get used to. I have mage and warrior alts, but they seem to get rather boring from time to time.

13. macrumors newbie

It does matter

The races does matter.

But only for certain people, for example.

Techinically ALL Alliance priests should be dwarf because of fear ward, and horde priests should be troll because of the extra 10% regen while casting.

Rogues should all be something with more starting agility than anything.

Gnomes
    Night elf

But for Horde the best rogues are

Orc Than Undead.

Yes Undead are better at the start but at lvl 60 when all good rogues have a fear trinket the extra stun resist from Orcs really help especially in other rogue/warrior fights.

For warriors

The best alliance warriors For tanking are

Dwarf
    This is because of stoneform and the extra health that dwarfs get. Yes I am talking about 40 health, but that can make the difference is many areas.

For Horde it should be

Tauren because of the extra 5% health yes I know this is very little because when you have 5k health it only adds another 250 health, but again that can make the difference.

Thats pretty much everything.

Sean

14. macrumors 65816

Best Class: Priest (imho.. i have a 60 priest :D)
    Best Race: Undead

15. macrumors regular

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

That said, undead priest FTW.

16. macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

I'm still learning.

But I've got a Tauren Shaman (29) that I like very much. I've taken herb/alch as my skills and after learning about talent points have worked on my elemental tree (18 pts so far).

17. macrumors 6502

iHeartTheApple

I've only played alliance, so I can't say for horde...I have a 60 warlock, 60 druid, 60 priest and have played all the other classes a fair amount... I would say that either of those three are my favorite. For leveling, the druid pwns all (in my experience...i.e. don't start a flame war) if you know what you're doing. The druid is an amazingly versatile class that, when well equipped can play the role of tank, dps, or healer. As a previous poster mentioned, if you choose a druid, your race has already been chosen.

The warlock is my personal favorite because it's complicated class to play with many options and if you're well equipped and well experienced, there's no one who can beat you in PvP. 6000HP and Soul Link with a felhunter out = pwnage of *anyone* who's stupid enough to engage me. It's that simple. :cool: I chose a human for the simple reason that I'm not a fan of gnomes.

The priest can be a formidable class as well...and if you're interested in that, I would opt for a Nightelf...shadowform comes in handy, at least for me. With the last patch (1.10), the priest talents got a decent overhaul that makes spec'ing as something other than shadow, a viable option. I prefer a heavy discipline build with holy towards the end. Shadow never impressed me despite its obvious strongpoints...probably 'cause I was the warlock first and wanted to move away from shadow? :confused: :eek:

Good luck! :)

18. macrumors 601

HiRez

My favorite combos are:

Tauren Druid
    Dwarf Paladin
    Night Elf Hunter
    Gnome Mage
    Undead Priest

I agree with iHeartTheApple though, I hate gnomes...they are just creepy and weird.

19. Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I play a 60 NE warrior and a 40 human Rogue, also a human warlock at 18, but not very much (I really don't like all that casting).

I think that the bonuses available from kit and buffs far outweigh the racial abilities once you get to 50-55, and I have complementary professions on my alts so that they support each other with potions and enchants.

My warrior is fully prot specc'ed, and the extra health or stoneform would make almost no difference at all when facing ZG bosses or raiding in MC.

20. macrumors 68000

Josh

I prefer Undead Rogue.

Canablism is nice for a class that cannot heal itself (though I still recommend getting First Aid to 300 for EVERYONE).

WoTF is nice too, especially since Rogues can be so easily kited and snared.

An Orc Rogue would be nice to, with the extra stun resistance, but I think Orc Hunters put that to better use.

With the upcoming expansion, I'm looking forward to see how Blood Elf Rogues go. The racials are amazing for a rogue.

21. macrumors 6502a

I <3 undread mages.

22. macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Dwarf Pally. Used to be Mining/Smithing but smithing got boring and stoped leveling up so now I'm Mining/Enchanting. Love pallys even though there is so many negative somments surrounding us.

23. CJM
    macrumors 65816

CJM

I play priest and wish I rolled Dwarf or Undead now that I'm 60...

Undead rogues using WoTF is the worst thing ever. A shadow Priest's damage is moderate without shadow gear to begin with, having their fear completely killed leads to unending pain.

I've played 60 mages in the test servers and they are just so fun in PvP!

I won't ever bash priests but they certainly need a bit more help in high level PvP.

24. Moderator emeritus

yellow

Shows how times change....

Now my vote is:

Orc Hunter

25. macrumors 65816

A Night Elf Druid is great fun!