Best XBOX live games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by lukasbarton, Sep 8, 2004.

1. lukasbarton macrumors newbie

hey ive been out of the console market for quite some time now but have about $400-500 to kill and after playing some xbox live at my friends apartment the other night i got really into it and think i want to make the purchase. im not looking for how you think i should spend the money since i already have an idea of what i want (console, 2 wireless controllers, wireless access, and live starter pack with crimson skies). i want to know how much you guys enjoy the system and service and more importantly what you think are the most fun games to play online. also, im curious as to what games allow for more than one player on a single account ie crimson skies. thanks

2. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Splinter Cell:pandora Tomorrow and RalliSport Challenge2 are good games for live but they only allow one person per box.
    Also halo 2 will be out in mid-november and will have live support. I imagine that it will have multiperson per box capibility.

3. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Counter-strike is great. In fact, I was about to go play it before I saw this thread. It only allows for one player, though. I guess it really depends on what genres of games you like.

4. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

5. applekid macrumors 68020

Try out Halo on an X-Box LAN with your friend's X-Box and invite some extra people. Two TVs, Two X-Boxes, 8 of your buddies, and Halo is one of the best console gaming experiences ever.

6. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

That is fun. I've done it a couple times.
    But if you can't always get 2 xboxes and 8 people together they you can run aquaduct2 on your mac. Its an xbox tunneling app that allows you to play with people over the internet in the same way as you would a LAN. I've played massive games with 16 playing at a time this way.
    The problem is that the software is still in beta so you can't host.
    The windows version of the software is called xbconnect which is what I would use if you have a PC around.

7. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

rainbow six 3, unreal2, espn nfl 2k5, ghost recon,ghost recon:island thunder, splinter cell 2

coming soon

ghost recon2,splinter cell3,HALO 2

8. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

If you go live with the xbox, make sure you've got bandwidth to burn. xbox will choke the pipe like you won't believe. I had 256k DSL and it was unplayable... upgraded to 1.5mbps DSL and now i'm in heaven. I recommend tetris worlds baby.... no, really, it's fun! I play XIII the most actually.

9. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Rainbow Six 3 is the best. I haven't tried black arrown yet. But i hear it's just as good as the first one. Only one player but it's awsome. PGR2 is a 2 player game which is fun.

10. fertilepress@tm macrumors newbie

11. mac4drew macrumors regular

mac4drew

Burnout 3, Halo & Halo 2 (obviously), Conker Live! will be amazing when/if it finally comes out... I dunno that's all I can think of for now.