Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
After I installed Beta 3 I have noticed that the iPhone 6s Plus is always warm/hot when I am going to remove it from the charger (Apple white dock) the next morning, it never did it before Beta 3, with Beta 1 and 2 and iOS 9.3.X, any idea what could be the cause? Thanks

NOTE: I've tried different docks, cables and AC adapter, all genuine Apple accessories

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
I'm not sure what causes it but I have the same problem on my iPad Air 2.

thenobody

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
I have the same problem since beta 3.
Gets always hot charging. It's a terrible beta version and hope beta 4 fixed it.

I started a thread about this before also.

freeskier93

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
For me it seems to be an app running in the background that causes the issue. If I kill all the apps before going to bed it doesn't get hot while charging. In other words it's the CPU getting hot and not the battery.

I've participated in all the betas and this seems to be the buggiest start. Safari is pretty laggy and the latest build has broken USB connectivity with my car stereo.

thenobody

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Closing apps for me doesn't help the issues.
I close all apps when charging and still the same heating. Using an iPhone 6 by the way.
But I would think some apps do make it worse. Be good to know if any apps in particular. I always shutdown Facebook as that's a really troubling app.
The heat definite in the top half in the middle and would agree it's probably the CPU instead as the phone gets hot also when using it in the sun.
iOS 10 is so very buggy and I've never seen previous betas that breaks so many apps.

Danny182

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2015
I have the same problem.
I'm worried that it doesn't stop charging when it gets to 100%.
Anyone tried to reset settings ?

anon.guy

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2016
Maybe you have an iphone with a samsung chip, my 6s gets hot too on 9.3.3 while charging. I had a 6s with a tsmc chip and it was fine on 9.3.3 and 10 beta 3 but after I replaced it and received one with a samsung chip, it started to get hot.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
yikes, just discovered this. my iphone se is really hot charging; scary. hope this is sorted out asap...

EDIT: actually, my phone was extremely hot for a short time... maybe some app or function running? was much better later same night. still... VERY hot for a while.

Last edited:

thenobody

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Beta 4 has vastly improved this for me.
I wouldn't call it an issue any more and it rarely now gets hot (iPhone 6)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.