Beta 3 Issues

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by King Antonius, Oct 13, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Discuss any issues you find here.

One I have noticed that has been there from beta 1, is not being able to import photos from the gallery into apps like Pages and iMockups. Pages just doesn't do anything when you tap on the image, iMockups imports an empty box.. it's pretty annoying and I'm contemplating going back to 3.2.2 temporarily.

2. macrumors newbie

minor bug?
    seems like it's not possible to slide the screenshots of the apps in the App Store (I succeeded just once)

3. macrumors newbie

The third time I tried Winnie the Pooh it get downloaded. Before that it says the item is no longer available.

4. macrumors regular

freemini

No issues so far, but iTunes 10.1 beta 2 really sucks. It freezes every time I try to install iPhone apps on my iPad. The moment I go down to iPhone apps(in the Apps tab for my iPad) it just freezes. It's the win64 version.

5. macrumors 68040

Phil A.

Yeah, it is a bit annoying, but don't forget you can use copy and paste to get pictures into Pages and with multi-tasking it's not too painful to switch between the photo library and pages

The issue with purchased iBooks is documented in the release notes for Beta 3

6. macrumors 6502

I noticed this as well. Other than that, has been very impressive build so far (for me). Alot smoother then beta 2

7. macrumors 68040

Phil A.

Just double tap on the picture and it then allows you to scroll through the pictures. A long single tap seems to work too, but I find double-tap easier

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

LIFESAVER!

9. macrumors 68040

andybno1

downgrade to the 10.01 stable version on apple.com? seems to be working fine for me, I only downgraded so I could use remote app with iTunes and generally don't seem to have any issues, I do get the odd no reason for it freeze up which I have had with all windows versions

10. macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Netflix is still broke for me :(

11. macrumors 68040

Sigh. I was hoping no one would say that!

12. macrumors 68030

That's why it's BETA!

13. macrumors regular

My banking software is broken along with netflix for me too.

14. macrumors member

I had issues with iBooks. I'm in the middle of reading a book right now and it refused to open. I kept getting the "a necessary resource is missing, book cannot be loaded" error (that's not worded properly). Also in order to sync my bookmarks across devices I keep getting prompted to sign in. I sign in and it continues asking me to sign in.

However I have a couple of books in my library that i haven't even opened up. I tried those and they work fine.

I've tried everything, restore, set up as new iPad, delete iBooks and redownload, delete book and redownload. Nothing works.

I ended up going back to beta 2 as iBooks is one of the features I use most on the ipad.

Anyone else experiencing this?

15. macrumors 65816

I think i'll probably be fine to stick with beta 2 until the public release of 4.2 comes out now. It's a slight hassle to keep updating every week, and beta 2 is pretty stable. Just gotta hope Apple don't ask me to update any of my bug reports.

Netflix is not part of the OS. It's unlikely to become fixed in a beta, it probably needs Netflix to go back and issue an update to make the app run under iOS 4.x.

16. macrumors 68020

Yes, if you look 9 posts up, you'll notice that it is a known issue in Beta 3.

17. macrumors member

Yes I saw that post, but thanks for pointing it out. My issue is different though.

I'm able to download books without problems, as stated in my initial post.

My issue is that I'm unable to get ibooks to realize I'm signed in in order to sync bookmarks. Is this included in the release notes? I am unable to procure them on google at the moment.

Does anyone know where I can find the release notes for beta 3?

18. macrumors member

I'm still running 4.2, Beta2.
    Before I put Beta 3 on, can someone answer the following questions?

Are the SOUND settings working in Beta 3 ??
    and
    If you have MobileMe... does it crash when adding MobileMe email in Settings?

UPDATE: Yes, they fixed the MobileMe email setup so it does not crash.
    LINK:
    http://www.informationweek.com/news...jhtml?articleID=227701240&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_All

InformationWeek.com Article:
    iOS 4.2 Beta 3 also fixes a number of bugs. The latest software permits users to add their MobileMe account without crashing the entire device. It also now works with the Find My iPad tablet-finding software within MobileMe.

19. macrumors 6502a

tekchic

Sound settings are working again - there's New/Sent mail, Calendar alerts, lock sounds, keyboard clicks, and the volume slider.

3rd party apps broken for me (no biggy): NYT Crosswords, ABC Player, Netflix. Netflix worked (intermittently) for me in beta 2, but no-go in beta 3.

20. macrumors 68020

iBooks syncing doesn't work; keeps prompting for my password.

21. macrumors regular

Here's how to fix Netflix

Go into Settings, then select Netflix under Apps, then turn "on" the reset slider. Start Netflix, give our ID / password and enjoy streaming again. Mine was borked until I did this.

22. macrumors 68020

Its not about downloading. The known issue is not loading iBooks that have been purchased from the bookstore.

And yes, I have the same issue with the syncing of bookmarks.

23. macrumors 6502

I have the bookmark syncing issue too. BTW, my iTunes 10.1 Beta 2 crashes when I try to change the name of a music track.

24. macrumors 68040

andybno1

what some people are missing besides the obvious that its a beta is all iPad apps are designed to work with 3.2.2 and not 4.2 :rolleyes:

25. macrumors 6502

Exactly. You don't see actual dev's "complaining" when an app (not their own) they use doesn't work. You know why? Its because its a BETA. If your not a dev, and have it installed, than either enjoy for what it is, or downgrade back to 3.2.2. Last I checked, its not November, therefore it does not make a difference if an app works with 4.2 or not. Dev's stil have plenty of time to release an update before it is officially released.