BETA: Windows Media Player 11 Unveiled

Discussion in 'iPod' started by AvSRoCkCO1067, May 15, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

Sep 6, 2005
    I know there are already a few threads discussing URGE; however, I'd like this thread to focus solely on the User Interface and non-URGE related topics concerning Windows Media Player 11 (Beta).

Here are some screenshots of the program:

And, here's a review from Paul Thurrott (most people around here hate this guy - I, however, don't mind him, as he makes fun of both Apple and Microsoft :)):

Anyway, let us know what you think about the UI, the features, and what you'd like to see iTunes incorporate (or not incorporate) in coming revisions. THANKS!
  2. macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2006
    Looks like it will kill poorer pcs tbh. You'd need at least 512 ram to run that - XP only needs 256 (iirc).

So yeah, on Windows - WinAMP > iTunes > WMP.
  3. macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Sep 16, 2001
    Tuttlingen, Germany
    To be perfectly honest, I felt nausious after examining the interface for a few minutes. Even though I actually kinda like the shininess of it compared to older WMPs, I felt queasy after only a few moments. I don't know what it is...just weird.

Just to be sure I don't need a doctor, I went into iTunes and changed the song I was listening too. I felt better only seconds after using iTunes, but then decided to switch back to looking at pictures of WMP11. The nausea came back right away.

I hope to God they fix whatever's wrong with that, or I'm going to be in for a rough time using Windows at work...
  4. macrumors 68000

May 5, 2002
    Gold Coast, Australia
    I like his reviews a lot