Bethesda, MD

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by plazmatyk, Jun 8, 2010.

1. macrumors member

plazmatyk

Is anyone interested in meeting up at the Montgomery Mall or the Bethesda Row Apple Store?

2. macrumors newbie

I am if you are willing to buy a 3gs 32 gb.

jailbroken/unlocked with case and wall charger

3. thread starter macrumors member

plazmatyk

sorry, i'm there to buy a 32GB iPhone 4.
    let me know if you find a buyer and can make it. it would be nice to go with someone

4. macrumors newbie

I'm deciding between a few apple stores. But Bethesda is on my list. What time are you hoping to go there? I'm thinking of going around 12am. Its gonna be a long wait! haha. Plus just checked the weather its going to rain like crazy haha.

Any Suggestions of where we can park? I know there is a free community lot but are we allowed to park there over night etc? Let me know.

5. thread starter macrumors member

plazmatyk

Earliest I can get there is around 1pm hahaha
    Camping out is not an option since I need to be in College Park by 9:00am.

6. macrumors newbie

dang it i might fly solo lol. We shall see.

Any idea about that parking lot just up from the apple store? is it possible to park there over night?

7. macrumors regular

I'll be hitting the Montgomery Mall Store to pick up my reserved iPhone. Not sure what time I'm going yet. Open to suggestions

8. macrumors newbie

montgomery mall or bethesda

Is there anyone who did not pre-order the phone and wants to meet up tonight to get it first thing in the morning?

9. macrumors newbie

getting to montgomery mall around 5am

I’m going to be getting to Montgomery mall around 5am. I need sleep and the lines don’t get too long until about 1 hour before opening. I heard that security kicked one guy out for coming in too early last time, but he got back in after some time and ended up being like 2nd or 3rd in line. I used the entrance by the cafeteria last time.

10. macrumors newbie

i will see you there...is we are towards the front of the line how long do you think it will take to get the phone and get out....i have to get to work early

11. macrumors newbie

Bethesda Line

Can anyone say what the line looks like right now?

12. macrumors member

I plan on getting up early (4 am?) and heading to the Bethesda Row store. Anyone know if there's a line there yet?

13. macrumors member

14. macrumors newbie

Line? No line?

15. macrumors newbie

Oh no. Don't they realize that it's pissed itself and has touch de-enhanced antennae?

16. macrumors 6502

spydr

How are the lines NOW?

How many on the "reserved line" at Montgomery Mall, MD?

I have a reservation to pick one up and would like to go there when the wait is not much, but when they still have the bumpers in stock!

17. macrumors member

At the Annapolis store, they only had between 25-50 phones for walk INS. Sold out in 30 mins.

18. macrumors regular

Anyone report what the reservation line looks like right now? Looking to go in after work around 7PM to get my reserved iPhone.

19. macrumors member

iPhone 5

Debating between Montgomery Mall and Bethesda Row for the iPhone 5. Possibly considering Tyson's corner. New to the DC area, so suggestions are welcome!

20. macrumors 6502a

When i drove by montgomery mall for the iphone 4 launch, by 7am, the line was CRAZY. The line was very long, outside too.

21. macrumors member

I'm hoping that iPhone 5 lines will be shorter than iPhone 4 since there isn't an option for in-store pickup preorders this time.

22. macrumors 68020

I've never been to the Bethesda row location but I would think it would be a little more organized as the Montgomery mall is always crazy. You could drive past Bethesda row then see if you want to risk it. You'd probably want to line up Thursday night though.

And if Best Buy wasn't doing preorders, I would've said skip the Apple stores but it seems like most of the other retailers are doing preorders.

23. macrumors member

I work in Bethesda, so I'm going to drive by Bethesda Row today and see what the line looks like. The advantage of the Montgomery Mall store is parking, since it's free.

24. macrumors member

Thanks for the info. I'm planning on getting to Montgomery Mall around 5am so I'll report back once I'm there.

25. davechen, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

macrumors member

So I drove by the Bethesda Row store about half an hour ago. I only saw one person camped out in front of the store. I hope that means tomorrow won't be too crazy.

UPDATE: Passed by there just after 8pm. Looks like the line has grown to about 20 people.