Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
This may be common sense here, but I am assuming the black iPod touch 5G is going to do a better job at hiding any dings or scratches it picks up on the sides and the back complared to the white/silver. Can anyone confirm?

samanthas

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2005
Portland, OR
I have the black and i think the white/silver would hide them better. You see when the black gets scuffs on the sides the bare aluminum (silver) shines through. I have a couple scuffs on the sides. I'm not sure about the back.

I would have gotten silver if they had a black/silver version.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I have the black and i think the white/silver would hide them better. You see when the black gets scuffs on the sides the bare aluminum (silver) shines through. I have a couple scuffs on the sides. I'm not sure about the back.

I would have gotten silver if they had a black/silver version.

Good to hear. I am keeping it. Just need to sit on it for a day. I put a zagg invisibleshield on the front and gave it 24 hours to dry.. and it looks flawless.

Now I just need something on the back, pronto!

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I read about couple of scratches report on the colored one so i think the white and silver should be the best choice. Its like your car color, dust and scratches aren't visible compare to red or black.

even if white/silver is so unattractive.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
I have the black/slate, and the first thing I did was buy a case for it which completely covers it but allows access to the sockets and buttons.

Just £5 for some peace of mind.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
It depends if you're the person to notice them. Personally, they're just as visible to me on white and black if I'm looking for them.

Just get whatever you like best.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
It's very similar to cars, actually.

Most black/grey cars show scratches and dust/dirt more visibly than on white cars.

But buy whatever iPod color that pleases you. Everyone's iPods will eventually accumulate minor scratches if you end up using it enough. Don't sweat the small things.

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA
This may be common sense here, but I am assuming the black iPod touch 5G is going to do a better job at hiding any dings or scratches it picks up on the sides and the back complared to the white/silver. Can anyone confirm?

I have the silver/white model and I've been fortunate so far... Still keeping fingers crossed until my leather case comes. But, I would imagine my ipod's color scheme wouldn't show scratches as much as the black model would.

J

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.