Better finder customization

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Raiden, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Raiden macrumors regular

I find it annoying how un-powerful the view options in the finder are. I want to be able to manipulate every aspect of things like background images in the finder, how big the snap to grid grid is, font sizes/colors/type of font, etc. I could do some of that stuff in OS9, but not in OSX.

I hope stuff like this is in Tiger...

2. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

What do you mean background images? You can change your desktop picture in your System Preferences under Desktop and Screen Saver.
    –Chase

3. Raiden thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, maybe I was unclear. You know how when in a finder window, you goto View-View Options, and there is an option to keep the background white, add a color, or add a picture? The picture part is what I was talking about. I want to be able to keep the picture static, tile it, position it, etc.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

If I were you, I'd send feedback to Apple. That's the best way to let Apple know what you want. If you send it early enough, you might see these features in Tiger.

5. Raiden thread starter macrumors regular

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

you're a developer, right? i dont' think Apple would be too thrilled with people getting their hands on a pre-release OS and then emailing in suggestions... just a thought.