Better from apple or off craigslist?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ryuukumori, Feb 1, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Jan 18, 2008
    I have a couple options. I really don't need a computer now (June or July), but when the time comes, should I buy new from apple with a free iPod and printer in June or do craigslist? If I do craigslst though, is it cheaper? Any better insight? I hope this will be in time for a refresh.
  2. macrumors 68000

Dec 19, 2008
    London Ontario
    uhh craigslist is a private classifieds ad.. How do the 2 even compare?

Apple: Fixed price

Craigs list:
    Private ads
    Probably used
    Lots of scams to go through until you find a real one
    unknown product history
    Prices vary depending on computer and person selling
    luck of the draw.

It is pretty much impossible to compare the 2... If you go with apple you are getting a product 100% legit, 100% covered warranty... Though there is the chance that a cheap macbook comes up on craigslist, but who knows?:rolleyes:
  3. macrumors regular

Jan 2, 2009
    In june / july, do you always get a free printer / iPod?
  4. macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2008
    if buying brand new, go with apple..

if buying used, its okay online but find someone legit..

5. macrumors 601

Jun 16, 2007
    Buying a New machine from Apple would be much better because for one, if your machine suddenly dies or develop a fault within 14days of purchase, you can get a swap out without loads of hassles.

Also, if your a student with one of the many universities, or a qualifiying college; you might be entitled to a student discount (upto 15% off - depends on your location)... the discount would also apply to an AppleCare purchase too! No such discount with Private sellers, though.
  6. macrumors newbie

Feb 2, 2009
    never mind

ive bought new & used. Only trust the used if it's from a good friend. ( never mind this link i'm leaving, it's just a test to see if google will find it when it crawls this site.)