Better GPUs ahead

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by dudewheresmymac, Mar 26, 2005.

1. dudewheresmymac macrumors member

I was thinking.. with tiger around the corner and the new core image and video technologies that are a large part of the new OS i cant imagine Apple staying its course with crappy GPUs. I mean if such a large part of its new OS is dependent on the GPU wouldnt it be in Apples best interest to upgrade all the GPUs so that its OS runs to the best of its ablitity?

2. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

You would think so... but then these are the same guys who only put 256M in the Mac mini. A sure sign they (the members of the board?) have never actually used iLife.

Speaking about Tiger coming up though I have to say I'm fairly excited. I think the Mac fell behind the PC somwhat in Steve's absence, and since he came back he's had to play catch up. But when Tiger comes out and the new dual core Power Mac, we would have finally overtaken them.

3. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

But not just the mini, the PM, iMac, eMac, iBook all come with 256MB RAM standard :eek:

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I really can't get over the fact that the PowerMac comes with only 256Mb! :eek:

Still, it'd be great if they upgraded at least some of the GPUs - I'm thinking upgrade options for the consumer line. :)

5. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Yup everything needs an update NOW ;)