Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Values TrueHDR which will only combined to move photos

What did you exactly mean by that? True HDR also takes two separate exp. bracketed photos in all its three modes. Many other HDR apps allow for taking three - and some even saving all of the three. (This is why I also recommend using HDR apps for "plain" automatic exposure bracketing shooting, even if you don't need the combined HDR photo.

the HDR3 will actually take three photos

As with most other HDR apps (with some exceptions like the above-discussed True HDR.)

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
That is a horrible result to be honest.

Agreed, but lots of folks love the over-processed, over-manipulated, artificial look. Not me. Technology tries to make up for bad photo decisions a.k.a. overreaching amateur creativity.

The iPhone my primary camera and camera improvements are the reason I upgrade iPhones. So I say as a compliment that it is a reasonable point-and-shoot camera on a phone. And according to third party evaluations one of the better camera phones.

With that said, the HDR of the iPhone is great at what it's designed for. It sharpens pictures and gives you a bump where you need it or takes a bit out. At the park the other day I took a picture of my regrets, er, kid on the play equipment. The HDR made the solid block that was a chunk of the sky into a blue sky with some clouds. A 100% better picture and closer to what the eye sees.

So if you want to use your iPhone take a picture of your lucky lump of coal on a black velvet pedestal with a shaft of sunlight next to it shining on a snow globe then you're out of luck. Or you can get an app to create a Franken-photo. At that point you might as well include x-rays and long radio waves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.