Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which upgrade to a truck would you choose?

• Nano

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • New deck (MP3 capabilities, option to add iPod in the future)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hikingnclimbing

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Gorham, ME
Hi, all.
My boyfriend is thinking of buying a nano. The primary use of such would be in his truck, hooked up to the sound system that he has in there now. In my opinion, it seems to be a bit of a waste of $$ to buy a nano just for in his truck. So what do y'all think? The alternative that he's looking at is to upgrade his deck to one that would play MP3 CDs. He'd be spending about the same for either.

Thanks for your input!

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
hikingnclimbing said:
Hi, all.
My boyfriend is thinking of buying a nano. The primary use of such would be in his truck, hooked up to the sound system that he has in there now. In my opinion, it seems to be a bit of a waste of $$ to buy a nano just for in his truck. So what do y'all think? The alternative that he's looking at is to upgrade his deck to one that would play MP3 CDs. He'd be spending about the same for either.

Thanks for your input!
I'd go Nano for it's versatility if cost doesn't have any real implication.

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
The Nano ist the way to go. I did the same thing. I bought an iPod mainly to listen to tunes in my car. After a while I found myself carrying the damn thing everywhere I go. It is just so convinient easy syncing with your library, just one device you don't have to worry about burning cd and such....

hikingnclimbing

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Gorham, ME
Just to provide closure to my lil' poll (on the off chance anyone gives a woot)...

He's decided to buy a new snazzy deck and offload his old one into my car for relatively cheap. So I'll be the one with the integrated iPod instead of him. I'm not complaining. :D

Thanks for your input!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.