Beware Christian Extremists.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Apr 1, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

link

Religious extremist be they Muslim, Christian, Hindu etc are the scourge of the world.

America should clean up its own backyard, before their neighbors.

2. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

true.

if even 20 % of that article is true, those christians should have a closer look on their own behaviour. they are terrorizing other people/

peace.

3. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Amen! As a religous person, I can't believe some of the things those who claim to be "religous" will do to prove their point.

I especially liked the part about the little girl being sent back to God to be reborn ot better parents. I wasn't even aware of any Christian religions that believe in reincarnation. ;)

4. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

FYI there were references in the bible (new test.) about reincarnations, but they were removed by a roman emperor around 300 a.d.

5. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

That really interesting. I was, of course, aware that the bible today is not the same as when it was first written, but i had never heard of any references to reincarnation.

6. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Sounds like RICO is the problem here. That, and an unscrupulous prosecutor.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So if GWB has mis-used the military, should we get rid of it or should we fix things so it can't be misused?

You're just looking for anything to justify getting rid of RICO. I think you like mobsters.

8. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

If its misused, then maybe it should be shrunk or phased out. Even Apple knew to not throw good money after bad when the Cube came out. :eek:

9. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

What laws aren't misused?

10. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

:confused:

11. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

a christian belives in christ and that he died for our sins

a christian extremist may or may not believe that, but they do what they feel complelled to do without love or understanding...the devil resides in them and i believe it is what satan wants to do to discredit christianity

but there is nothing in common with a peaceful loving christ and extremists christians who are full of xenophobia, homophobia, and hate...there is no difference beween the hearts of an extremist christian and a member of al qaeda

and i doubt al qaeda are in in line with mohamed's heart

12. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Bwahahaha.

RICO was made in order to counteract the effects of criminal mobsters.
    What are criminal mobsters? The other term for that is organized crime.
    What started the phenomenon of organized crime?
    Prohibition, which was a law that banned production, sale and use of intoxicating substances.
    Sure, prohibition was back in the 1920s, but we still have drug laws, don't we.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Really? Frohickey is advocating shrinking the military and perhaps 'phasing it out'? And you think liberals are soft on terrorism... :eek:

14. JamesDPS macrumors regular

The problem is not the law, the problem is the lawmaker. That a DA would (1) be involved in a "sex scandal" situation is bad, but (2) giving in to blackmail about it? worse! Sleazy politicians need to know when to stand up for themselves -- if the Meatheads Against Indecency or whatever they were called actually "blew the lid off the sex scandal story", big deal! Politicians need to realize they can just ADMIT to these things, apologize, and the public has an attention span of a 5-year-old, it'll be forgotten.

The other (bigger, probably much more important in the scheme of things) problem is the twisting of any religious doctrine into something as messed up as death threats (in this case) or terrorist acts, or anything like that. And people get away with it far too much; it's becoming acceptable in this country to force religious views on other people -- just look at the entire ant-gay marriage issue! That is essentially rooted in the same religious conservatism that got the pilgrims kicked out of England in the first place! And the Janet Jackson thing? (sarcasm) We're all going to hell because we saw part of someone's boob! Oh no! Think of the children! What if they grow up NOT feeling guilty about the human body? (/sarcasm).

I'd better just end my rant there, I guess.

15. timmyOtool macrumors member

O.K. let me get this straight. They knew that a D.A. was in a sex scandal and rather than exopes this they used it to run a small mom and pop store out of buisness. It seems to me that sex scandal involving a public offical would be more important to christians than the video shop would be. Where are thier priorities. I guess some people truely can't see the forest for the trees.

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You really think the Mafia, the Yakuza, and the Russian Mob are all products of American prohibition?

Bwahahahaha! Try again.

(AFAIK, the Italian Mafia has been around since the 15th century... long, long, long before America was even founded let alone enacted prohibition.)

17. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Organized crime in America got a big boost with Prohibition.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Come on, that's not even close to what you claimed before...

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Ahem. The Americas were first invaded in the 15th century, if I remember correctly. Hard to say "America was founded".... :)

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I don't mean 'found' as in discovered, I mean 'founded' as in 'declared independance from England and claimed the status of a nation.' This happened in 1776. The 18th amendment to our constitution was adopted in 1919, far after the emergence of the Italian Mafia.

21. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

22. Opteron macrumors 6502

Christian Extremists are wore than any others, look at northern Ireland, or the Crusades in the 12thC.

23. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

They were just expressing their 1st admendment rights.

If the owners would have just removed the video from their store, they would have been fine, but they didn't and they suffered for it.

24. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Excuse me?

I don't consider death threats and vandalism to be first amendment rights. Nor blackmailing a DA into wrongfull prosecution. In fact, I'm pretty certain these things are illegal. And if these religious wackos are willing to use such despicable means to pursue the glorious ends of ridding St Louis of a Martin Scorsese film, I shudder to think what else they might do. This group should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If they don't wan't to watch a movie, they don't have to. Denying others the right however, is not only un-American, it shows how weak in their faith they really are.

:mad:

25. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

ha! i have to assume you're joking, 'cuz no one is really that confused in real life. right?

right?