BEWARE: The One-Disc Harry Potter #4

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pimentoLoaf, Mar 19, 2006.

1. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Bought the film at a brick-'n'-mortar Barnes & Noble, rather than online, thinking this was the "proper" one. After going online, however, I discovered that the one-disc version isn't available.

It's possible B&N is favoring online over retail, not allowing the two-disc in the stores (though I may be wrong).

:mad:

2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

My friend got the 1 disc widescreen edition brand new for $17+tax at a grocery store.

3. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I highly doubt they would not allow the 2 disc in stores. That seems rather silly. But I don't know why the 2 disc was not in the store. If it is unopened just return it. Of course I wouldn't mind having just the 1 disc as all I watch is the movie.

4. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

most of the sotres in the UK casrry both versions, an example is Collateral....but as a student, i rarely have time to watch the extra features and the money to buy the more expensive versions with them on.

S

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

They have both versions at Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc, etc...

B&N isn't "the place to go" when it comes to buying DVD's. They usually only carry the newest releases if that. They probably just didn't have room for the 2-disc and 1-disc.

Not really sure why you're warning people as it's stated on the front of the package... it's not like they're out to get you or anything.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's always good to notice whether you're buying a Special Edition or not, Wide Screen or Full Screen is important to watch, too. I noticed that there weren't any liner notes in the single disc package.

Then again, there weren't any previews on the disc or other advertisements, and that's becoming more rare these days.

7. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

i got mine at frys expecting 2 disks as usual, but apparently it is a whole seperate package, more expensive.

8. pimentoLoaf thread starter macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Went to Borders just now for the two-disc set; will offer the one-disc to a neighbor.

Also picked up 2001: A Space Odyssey (and a Peachpit book on Excel, as I ... er, um... wandered over to the computer section by accident :D ).

9. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I never wanted a two-disc set of anything. I just want to watch the darn movie and be done with it!

10. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    the one disk version has 0 bonus features :eek: Not even the trailer, or how the movie was made.

11. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

And your point is?

No offense, but I find that stuff incredibly boring.

12. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Werd!