Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClintBaber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2016
Santa Monica
I've decided to start this thread after I received my 5th email over the weekend from the same company. Looks like they want me to get their product really bad. But I am not sure this is the right way to approach customers... How many promotional emails have you got from other software companies this Black Friday weekend? Should I call the Perfectly Clear emails spam or is it simply an aggressive email marketing?

Here's what I've got so far...

X7GC8vT.png

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I've decided to start this thread after I received my 5th email over the weekend from the same company. Looks like they want me to get their product really bad. But I am not sure this is the right way to approach customers... How many promotional emails have you got from other software companies this Black Friday weekend? Should I call the Perfectly Clear emails spam or is it simply an aggressive email marketing?

Here's what I've got so far...

X7GC8vT.png
Looks like we are on the same mailing list!
I only use a gmail account for any marketing or promotional type company. My phone doesn't even get them by default as I use an @me.com for my main use. So I just log in every now and then, read anything of interest and delete the rest.

ClintBaber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2016
Santa Monica
Looks like we are on the same mailing list!
I only use a gmail account for any marketing or promotional type company. My phone doesn't even get them by default as I use an @me.com for my main use. So I just log in every now and then, read anything of interest and delete the rest.

Perfectly Clear seemed especially aggressive this season. I've got 2 email this morning saying I still had time to save:))))

Padaung

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2007
UK
I received their emails for a short while but unsubscribed for this very reason. Best way for companies to learn that too many emails annoys customers is to unsubscribe from their messages.

I'm not against email marketing in any way, I find it useful as a consumer to receive promo deals, product updates and news. But Perfectly Clear send far too many emails, not good...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.