Big Box Mart (from JibJab)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Doctor Q, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Those wacky Spiridellis brothers from JibJab have done it again: they've produced another silly animated Flash movie.

Their new movie is Big Box Mart, set to the tune of "Oh Susanna". It came out yesterday and is keeping the web site plenty busy today.

Original JibJab thread: JibJab's "This Land"

News story: JibJab Takes Satirical Swing at Big-Box Retail Chains

Personal note: Gregg and Evan Spiridellis may have done most of the work, but I deserve lots of credit too because I took the photo used for one of the faces in one of the crowd scenes! :)

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Where, oh where, are you, Doctor Q? (Can you pinpoint your appearance for us?)

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That's awesome Doctor Q. Love the song. ;)

Good job on the photo. Could you post the actual photo?

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Saw this on Leno last night. A little too polished for my taste. But good concept, and so true.

5. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

In Los Angeles, of course! :D Oh, you mean where am I in the movie? Nowhere. But a friend of mine met the Spiridellis brothers and asked me to take her photo to submit for this movie. The Spiridellis did use the photo, so my friend (not me) is in a crowd scene. However, even when I look at the original of the photo next to frames of the movie, I can't spot my friend's face myself!

I don't know how many submissions they got (random people who paid a few dollars to join and then uploaded their photos to "audition"). They may have been selective, but I suspect that they included every usable photo submitted to them.

There is a separate page at jibjab.com for the credits for this movie.

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Wow, JibJab's aspx is really BUGGY! It messed up like every 4 clicks...:( That or their getting a million billion requests right now due to the new movie.

7. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Things are undependable because of the high traffic today. Plus they are editing the pages as we speak. The credits were in one big page earlier today but are now split into multiple pages, still named "Untitled Document".

8. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

Ah... that's excellent. Nice to see their talents turned away from partisan politics and towards something even more potentially disastrous. There's a lot of truth in that.

Oh, and kudos Q! :D