Big Brother!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tektonnic, May 19, 2006.

1. tektonnic macrumors 6502

tektonnic

2. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i dont have a clue why any sane person would want to go in there! they are the biggest bunch of nutters yet!

3. tektonnic thread starter macrumors 6502

tektonnic

i thought the guy with tourettes was pretending, but more importantly, would i make a joke about tourettes? F**K no.

4. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i thought he was pretending but he just appears to be an utter nutter with or without tourettes.

5. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Mhm. Just wait until they put one of the Kitkat eaters in there... they probably should have aired on the side of caution and done the promotion in packs of Hobnobs instead.

6. tektonnic thread starter macrumors 6502

tektonnic

well kitkat doesnt say much about what type of person they want,

ie.
    after eights - posh people
    rich teas - common people
    cider - chavs
    pink panther biscuits....

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nobody buys kit-kats. NOBODY. that includes people in this thread who will say they do buy them. nobody buys kit-kats. especially you.

Big Brother though. urgh. I always watch episode 1. just to see the shower of s**t they have this time. A lifeguard voted "most sexy welsh lifeguard", yet he looked ugly? It's the same again. the exact same characters as last year in different bodies.
    When that woman who didn't want to make friends went in the house I was expecting a cold introduction. but she was all "oh HI!" and that :mad:
    It's so horrendous.
    that final blonde girl they stuck in. lord.

Instead of trying to surprise the housemates, they should try surprising us one year. stick in some very intelligent, very conniving people in deed who will all play a very psychological game on each other. Nasty Nick style, each and every one of them. I refuse to fully watch BB until they change the style that has been embedded into our heads since Series 2.

8. Queso macrumors G4

I buy KitKats but wouldn't go into the Big Brother house for anything. I have no desire to spend the next few years of my life being on page 19 of Heat magazine because I went to the theatre in a new jacket nor appearing on crappy ITV1 shows with the word "Stars" in the title.

Baseless fame is worthless. All these idiots who think it's something to strive for need to pull their heads out their backsides and find something with substance to do.

9. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I have never bought a Kit Kat in my life, but for years they were the best selling chocolate bar in the UK (and could still be, but I got bored with trying to find an authoritative source). I'm guessing that is why Endemol picked it for this promotion.

Even my girlfriend, who is usually a huge Big Brother fan, was put off by the bunch of fame seeking freaks this year. I'm guessing I'll still be forced to watch it though. :mad:

10. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I kinda like big brother...

You have to admit it would be fun to go on there and mess with people. Just alienate every one of them for kicks.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

50% Agree. I hate it. It's possibly the s**test show on British TV, followed by ABC1. But I would love to get on there! When they were introducing the new people I was running through what I'd for mine.
    thing is I'm just such a Locke style character. Quiet and relaxed in real life. but if something bad happens then I get pretty angry. I'd be bad for BB. I'd know cameras were on me so I wouldn't act up. Why annoy a few people you can see when you can p**s off more people you can't who deserve it more?

BACK to the KitKat thing though. I got a text message off a mate once "When was the last time you bought a KitKat?". I just didn't know. I helped, along with about 10 others, prove his point that nobody buys KitKats anymore.

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I quite like Kit Kats, actually. Up until a year ago I used to always buy myself one at half-time at the footie, it was like my little treat...

No way would I want to end up in that house, though.

13. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i like the adverts for the kit kats at the moment - this really old guy buys one and ends up in the house.

after watching tonights show i think i will end up screaming at the tv pretty quickly.

that shabaz person wins the most annoying person award and the one who went in as a bunny and was crying over a stubbed toe and lack of mascara remover wins the most pathetic one!

14. UberMac macrumors 6502

Whoa?! Get to go in to the House?! OMG LOLZORZ WTF BBQ W000007 1337!!!!11111oneoneoneoneeleveen!!!!!111!!1!!!

Anyway - I assume they get to go into the house after the show is over. Otherwise the show is somewhat...ruined.

Uber

EDIT: You actually become a housemate? How bizarre.

15. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

She's annoyed me from the moment she stepped in. She reminded me of Chantelle from the last Celebrity Big Brother, although without the intellect or depth. :D

She says her lifelong ambition is to marry a footballer. I think we should all club together to collect as many Kit Kat wrappers as possible, and try to get Stoke City looker Luke Chadwick in there...

Attached Files:

16. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

These are the kind of people I would go out of may way to avoid in real-life, why would I want to spend my leisure time watching them bicker on my TV?

Car-crash television without the entertainment of an actual car crashing...:rolleyes:

17. Queso macrumors G4

If previous BBs are anything to go by, they'll all settle down by the end of the first week. It's like Freshers Week at university. All these young people ripped out of familiar surroundings and dumped into a group of new faces. They'll all be really insecure at the moment about their place in the group, so every extreme in their personality will come out.

Of course, if they're still like it by the end of week two, lock them in there and turn off the cameras.

18. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

So, judging from the headlines I've seen on the web, it seems the innovations this season's Big Brother has:

1. Cameras underwater in the hot tub
    2. Hot tub built for 3 to encourage threesomes
    3. More double-beds
    4. Windowed walls surrounging the bathroom????!!!??

Hmmmm....having never seen the British version, is it all a big sex romp? Here in the states, sex on tv is verbotten! All the bits must be covered, only violence is acceptible. So Big Brother is all about flirting, conversations, competitions and scheming.

Am I missing something?

19. mpw Guest

:confused: I hope your joking

As for BB7, I watched in horror at the freaks they were putting in there thinking all the while how sick the producers are picking such, seemingly, vulnerable and weak-minded people as victims this year.

On the up-side their keeping them locked up and off the street for up to 14weeks or so.

I liked the blond 'model''s quote that she was doing it for the money for her mum and child, and then in her next breath saying she'd spent £35,000.00 on plastic surgery!! Mind you if she's had thirty-five grands worth of ugly cut off it begs the question what she looked like before and who slept with her like that to give her a child???

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Sorry to bring up an old thread...

I didn't even know about this until the local paper said so this morning. Turns out Michael Cheshire (I think he's called, the guy from Oldham) is my old English teachers son. he was a right fat b*****d. He'd fall asleep in lessons and generally be a nasty vindictive guy. he made me play a Christmas medley on a piano infront of all my class mates! it wasn't even christmas! a regular habit of his was making girls cry.

nice little fact there. could I sell my story to some paper? haha.