big ichat problem

Discussion in 'Community' started by EK03, Oct 9, 2004.

1. EK03 macrumors member

hey guys, 2 days ago my ichat stopped displaying my contacts but i can recive Ims and hear people going away/coming back online. i attached a screen sht of what im seeing. any ideas what went wrong and how to fix it

best regards, evan

Attached Files:

• ich.jpg
      ich.jpg
      File size:
      24 KB
      Views:
  2. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

Check the view options on ichat, other than that try doing regular permission repairs. I know its not a full serverwide problem........cause i still get my list.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I know this is not a solution, but you should try adiumx. IMO, its a much better program. There are all sorts of skins and options you can play with. Plus you can use profiles.

More importantly you can see if you buddy list is there. That way you can rule out the aim server.

4. bluebull macrumors member

Notice how it says "Rendezvous" at the top of the window. This is another part of iChat - not the AIM part. It should say "Buddy List" at the top. I'm not sure exactly how to fix this, maybe someone else knows. However, it should be relatively simple. To start, try ichat>log out of rendezvous, then maybe re-enter your AIM screen name and password.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

cmd 1. will bring up your buddy list. LOL, this is rather funny IMO. RENDEZVOUS!!!