BIG IPOD PHOTO

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AP_piano295, Mar 30, 2005.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

i was thinking about buying an ipod phot after the recent price drop the i saw one those things are huge compared to standard ipods i dont care wat the site specs say.

anyone expect size decreases.

2. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

Say what? In english, please.

Lemmie see if I can translate that.......you say you think it's huge compared to the other ones, and you don't believe the Apple dimension data?

I guess it's your personal opinion as to whether something is "huge" or not...

The 20gb iPod is .57" thick. The 30gb iPod Photo is .63" thick. That's a difference of .06". The 60gb is slightly thicker at .75", for a difference of .18".

I imagine just like anything, as the technology advances the device will get smaller.

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

the .06" can be explained by the bigger battery to drive the display/hard drive for photos, and the .12" between the 30 and 60 is because the 60 is a 2-platter disk. that's why the 40gb was .75" as well. the old 30gb 3g ipod had a 2-platter disk and was thus thicker but with the advent of 30gb platters that's no longer needed. sorry if this sounds like a bunch of crazed rambling :eek: