BIG iPod Problem!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by thechairman, May 17, 2003.

1. thechairman macrumors newbie

May 17, 2003
    I bought a 5 gig iPod last november, I havnt had a problem till now. Ok, for starters, the center button dose not work, the menu button dose not work, and when I switch the Hold button, it dose the function of the center button. WTF is going on. I tried redoing the softwear and updating, that didn't do anything. I'm at my wits end. I really don't want to send this thing into Apple, my warrenty is out and Im sure this problem will cost me out of the behind to get repaired. anybody have any ideas on how I can fix this myself!!! Please!!! It still works, but I want it to work the normal way.
  2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    You have a severe (and from what I have read, unique) hardware conflict. No software can restore hardware issues of this multitude.

If you bought the iPod from Apple, you should have a one year warranty. (I am not certain on this.) If you bought your iPod from a third party reseller or even a used iPod, you may be in deeper troubles.

Where did you get your iPod from?

Also, when this start happening?
  3. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    Even if you don't have a warranty. If you call either apple or your reseller and bitch enough they will send you a new one ;) :p
  4. thechairman thread starter macrumors newbie

May 17, 2003
    Ok, I bought it at the Apple Store in Columbus. Will they still take it back?
  5. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

Dec 28, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    Take it to the Genius Bar and show them the problem. They'll probably try to fix it, but if they can't pinpoint the problem they'll probably give you a new one.

My first 5 GB iPod had a fatal battery problem. The folks at my Apple store took it back and gave me a new one for free (the iPod had been purchased there and was less than a year old).

That's one weird problem, though.
  6. thechairman thread starter macrumors newbie

May 17, 2003

Your Telling me! lol