Big Kerry Scandal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by wdlove, Feb 12, 2004.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This is my first entry here. But I decided that you guys deserved to know among the first to know.

General Wesley spoke with three reporters off record, (speculation that this comes from the Clinton's motive and opportunity Hillary '04 or '08). According to reports that NBC, CBS, NBC, & AP are investigating. John Kerry has been having an inappropriate relationship with a 22 year old junior AP reporter. Described as a pretty blonde with long legs. Kerry reportedly sent the young lady to Europe already.

http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjk1.htm

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah I saw this earlier today. Newsmax, Drudge, WorldNetDaily all were reporting this. We'll see how true it is. This kind of thing is why Edwards is hanging in despite consistently losing primaries. God I'm gonna be pissed if the Dems nominate another candidate who can't keep it in his pants....

3. DavisBAnimal macrumors member

Yeah I'm with you there. I thought the Dems were clear with Kerry just cause he's so damn ugly. :(

Guess that's not a good enough indicator! Oh well, we'll see what turns up.

Davis

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Pull out a 20 dollar bill and who's picture is on it? its John Kerry. take a look. Republicans are throwing slime because a president took us to war over.......dreams of wmds so lets go get em boys. They are scrapping every ditch for more mud. Instead of talking issues and real problems lets just throw mud. both parties stink and this is what is wrong with our system. Blame them both.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

true or not, if these brings kerry down, then we can all rejoice in the fact that the idiot populace has its priorities in the right place. they deserve who they elect.

...or make it close enough to be elected for them...

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

This is the same Drudge report that had Clinton the father of an illegitimate child. This is one of the most scurrilous and unreliable sites on the internet - and that is saying a lot. It sounds like the same scum-sucking, bottom-dwelling political operatives of the right are looking for whatever they can to besmirch their opponent. Given that Clark in supposed to endorse Kerry, I wouldn't put much credence in the report.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it occurs to me that the timing of the report is strangely coincidental w/ the fuss over the national guard thing

though lately, it's hard to find a time when there isn't some sort of WH controversy...

8. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

There is a National Enquirer story along the same lines as reported by Drudge. I think its Clark that sowed the seeds of this story. Maybe, or maybe not, because of Clinton. She does work with Kerry in the Senate.

Doubt its part of the machinations of the GOP. Kerry would be a very nice match-up for the Bush since he's got a voting-record trail that the campaign could focus on, lots of nuggets to mine there. ;)

I think that Kerry is in the forefront because of his win in the first few primaries, which Dean did not contest Kerry on. Dean should have contested/campaigned in those first few state primaries, and the roles could be reversed. Kind of like the avalanche phenomenon.

9. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Ugly doesn't matter. Political power is one of the best aphrodisiacs there is. So is money.

Hey, zimv20, ain't you part of us idiot populaces? Or are you up in some rarified atmosphere above us all?

:D, 'Rat

10. numediaman macrumors 6502a

My, my. Everyone here must be in their twenties. So is Drudge, isn't he?

In 1992, the Bush (daddy Bush) administration put out a rumor that candidate Clinton (remember him?) was having an affair with a 20-something A.P. reporter. Sound familiar?

Turned out, of course, that there was only one woman A.P. reporter covering the campaign -- she was blond, with long legs . . . you get the picture. Only problem was that she had a head as good as her legs, and no one in the press core believed a word of it. The story died there.

I think this story has less legs than the supposed A.P. blond bombshell.

By the way, Clark is set to endorse Kerry tomorrow -- so much for Clark ratting out Kerry, huh? Sounds like Karl Rove has been busy again.

11. wwworry macrumors regular

but isn't Clark about to endorse Kerry?

CNN
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/12/elec04.prez.main/

It's funny how it took 4 years for the press to finally look into Bush AWOL, 3 months to look into the Plame outing, 5 months to look into the Niger Uranium state of the Union lie, almost completely ignoring the drunk driving felony misdemenor.

and 2 days for this. It sounds like a 2 year and $70 million blue dress all over again.

and they talk about gutter politics

anyway, I like Edwards better.

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

speak up! it's noisy up here... ;-)

by the idiot populace, i'm talking about those who choose to be uninformed. of course, this comes in a giant grey scale. i'm less interested in people voting the way i would like, i'm more interested in people knowing their current events, deciding what's truly important in this country, and voting with their conscious.

i know a few too many women who voted for bush because he was 'cute'.

13. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Hey, sayhey, wasn't Drudge correct about Monica? (Lord, how old is she, now? Seems like only yesterday she was crawling around on hands and knees!)

I note that Drudge says, "A close friend of the woman first approached a reporter late last year claiming fantastic
    stories..." which says the lady in question has poor judgement about friends.

Further, Drudge says, "...General Wesley Clark, who, in an off-the-record conversation with a dozen reporters earlier
    this week, plainly stated: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue."" Does this make Clark part of the scumsucking right? Or is he part of the scumsucking left? :D Inquiring minds want to know.

I'd have to say this ain't a Republican "Get Kerry!" thing, although they'll be laughing their tails off...

Since other news agencies are investigating, why the animus toward Drudge?

Doesn't the public have a right to know? :D

'Rat

14. wwworry macrumors regular

all the politicos do it, nothing new under the sun, seems like an hill 'o dagnabits etc.

'?

(sound familiar?)

15. Stinkysteve macrumors member

At least Kerry did not have the intern killed!

16. Desertrat macrumors newbie

wwworry, when it comes to human behavior, there's little under this old sun that's new. If you can imagine it, somebody's done it.

As far as horny president types, you can go back through FDR, Ike, JFK, (allegedly) LBJ, Clinton...Those are the fairly easy ones. :)

I gotta admit I'd be happier if the media in general--and the public--weren't so pushily curious about somebody's private peccadillos. While I tend to disapprove of cheaters, I don't feel the need to put forth serious effort to shine the glare of publicity on somebody's discreet misdeeds.

And I'd just as soon wait until some "true facts" come out, instead of Wesley Clark's allegations and those of some "friend" of the gal in question...

How's Clark gonna endorse? "I don't care if he does cheat on his old lady, I'm gonna vote for him!"? Weird.

Al Sharpton's lookin' better, day by day. :D

'Rat

17. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

I don't think it took 4 years for the press to look into the Bush AWOL. It took Michael Moore 4 years to mention the same old Bush-AWOL story that had already been proven false 4 years ago by the press, but wasn't as widely published.

So, the Bush-AWOL story is a rehash of the same old quadriplegic story 4 years ago. Its a story again, because the Democrats are running a Vietnam vet with medals and a 4 star General.

18. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This is what it's all about:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=615&e=4&u=/nm/20040212/pl_nm/campaign_dc

19. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

'Rat

I'd be more interested in the story if there were actual names to the reporters that supposedly overheard this statement by Clark. Drudge prints anything that he hears without an ounce of journalistic integrity. Unfortunately, it all sees the light of day regardless if there is anything to a story. If Clark is spreading stories he has no corroboration for then he is being stupid. As far as I can tell there is nothing to suggest, other than Drudge's poison pen, that he said any such thing. Why the animus toward Drudge? He's got an agenda against liberals, but passes himself off as an objective source. In fact he hasn't a clue what it means to be a journalist.

20. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Drudge is the MOSR of political rumours. He's squandered any credibility he gained from the one story he really did break.

21. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

huh? you can prove bush showed up for all his guard duty?

22. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Drudge is a right-wing gossip-monger, but a lot of his reports have a kernel of truth, no matter how unwelcome they often are.

Sigh. I've always felt that Kerry was a lousy, unappealing candidate. That the majority of my fellow Democrats chose him because he's the most presidential means that, when we get a closer look, he will prove to be the most boring and the least trustworthy. Now it seems that he's emulating some other presidents in another way...

I don't think Democrats will care all that much. Conservative Republicans will have a heyday with it, but they weren't going to vote for him anyway. The big question is which way the swing voters will go.

And it was certainly very clever of the woman in question to flee the country, preventing any kind of legal hijinks by Republicans to force her to tell-all. (Don't think it couldn't happen? I bet there's some sort of "Conduct Unbecoming a United States Senator" rule.) From what I understand, a lot of news agencies have been pursuing this story for months, but they can't get any corroborated facts worth printing.

23. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Hey, awimoway, are you a Pete Seeger fan?

"Fled the country"? She must have a good bit of integrity, since the "Enquirer" would probably pay a ton of money for her story. :)

"Conduct Unbecoming..."? If there were, at the peccadillo level, I bet half those clowns would be sent home...

Politicians are a funny breed of cat. Molly Ivins commented, during her investigative reporter days that the folks in the Texas Lege were a touchy-feely crowd. They couldn't just stand there and talk to you. Shoulder and back patting. A handshake with the other hand stroking your forearm. Like a constant need for the reasurance from the touching...

You take the wealth typical of a national politician, coupled with his political power, and there's a lot of long-stemmed American Beauties who never look at how pretty the guy is. Heck, Kissinger was noted for his hijinks. And Wilbur Mills' face would have scared a freight train down a dirt road on a rainy night.

'Rat

24. DavisBAnimal macrumors member

I've actually followed Moore and his columns pretty regularly, and I can tell you he's been using the "Deserter" line (which even he will admit is a bit exaggerated) for the past 4 years. There are a number of columns since the Globe article in which he discusses the article specifically, as part of his case against the Bush presidency. It just took him saying it at a mainstream political rally before the press took notice again of the issue.

Davis

25. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Color me VERY dissappointed 'rat. How can you buy into this crap?

Drudge was correct about Monica, you are right. But he has been wrong more times than I can count. If you print EVERY rumor you hear, you are bound to be right at some point, but you'll be wrong many more times in the process.

And you are right that the major media is investigating, but not a single one has printed it yet. Why? No friggin' evidence.

According to Joe Conason:
    This sounds like a rumor that people have been trying to peddle for some time. That doesn't say anything about its veracity, but the fact that major media has heard this before and not reported on it says something about the quality of the sources.

Finally, why the heck should this matter at all? This goes straight back to Clinton's scandal. Sure, he's porking interns in the oval office. This country has been turning a blind eye to such behavior for years. Now, Republicans seem to think they can destroy Democratic candidates political careers by bringing them to light. Well, they better check all the skeletons in their closets as well.

The most disturbing thing to me is that the Republicans during the Clinton scandal thought that his behavior somehow justified removing him from office. For many, it wasn't about perjury, it was about the affair. Well, folks, an affair is not illegal. And I don't see any reason that make a person unfit for office. It might speak to his personal character, but it would be an error to think that most of the people in congress and our past presidents have been free of this character flaw.

Taft