Big MacOSRumors update...looks like good stuff

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jholzner, Dec 27, 2003.

1. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Okay, I know it's MacOSRumors but if it's true it all looks pretty cool.

iTunes 5
    New iPhoto
    New iPods/Features
    iDVD 4
    Xserve

[edit: added link to iTunes 5 image]

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I think all of those things will happen, except iTunes 5. It just seems too early. They just released 4.2.

3. jholzner thread starter macrumors 65816

jholzner

I'm not sure on the iTunes update either but 4.1 was to fix bugs and 4.2 was basically to allow AOL users to access the store. So 5 could be on it's way.

4. boskie macrumors regular

Everything but the iTunes update would seem logical.

The features mentioned from itunes would be great, however the screenshot seems a bit suss to me - not elegant enough for apple design and why does the Tempo i/p box say 141bps - beats-per-sec when it should be 141bpm - beats per minute. If anyone can mix with the speed of a hummingbird i'd love to see them scratch aswell.

5. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

lmao at the huming bird comment but true...

hell iTunes 5 would be intresting and would they update the windows version as well...

6. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

But as we make macs we must have some incentive for users to switch. Therefore from now on PC users will always be a version behind. You have four, we have five. You have five, we have six.

Of course this wont happen, they may delay it by a month or so.

7. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

iTunes parity

iTunes version parity is something that Apple will stick to as long as they sell iPods. With more iPods on the way I doubt that iTunes for Windows would be withheld for any reason, especially international iTunes.

8. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

Interesting rumors, but MOSR doesn't have a very good track record (and that's an understatement).

The safest rumors are the ones that we've already heard (like new iPods, new iLife, etc.).

9. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
  10. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

4.2 was a minor update, it makes more sense to look at when iTunes 4 was released (back in the spring). When you look at it that way, iTunes 5 seems more possible (iTunes 3 was about the same age as iTunes 4 is now back in the spring).
    Still, I have to wonder about MOSRs reliability...

Thanks. :D

11. ChrisH3677 macrumors 6502a

The iTunes 5 image is a FAKE!

The GUI elements are a mix of blue (column headings, song tick boxes, source selection) and graphite (sliders, scroll bars, drop downs, tick boxes)

There are several other reasons other posters on MOSR have pointed out out too.

12. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

Yeah, the image is definitely suspicious (my problem is that the "Record" button doesn't match the other lower-right-hand-corner buttons), but it's very well put together.

In other words: if it's fake, it's a good fake (with the exception of those sloppy GUI oversights).

13. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

For all those who doubt iTunes 5, remember they also said it could be called iTunes 4.5

14. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

MacOSRumors has just been updated with some more information on the subject, including proof that the screenshots are fakes.

15. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

With more iTMS opening soon next yr it seems logical for new iTune upgrade to come about.

I believe iTunes is long over due for big update. All recent updates have been pretty small.

16. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

The pics are likely fake.

And while MacOSRumors now says they are fakes, they initially confirmed it WAS itunes 5 -- claiming they had seen this exact feature before.

Credibility of the screenshots and MOSR are nil. MOSR has since removed the above passage from their site.

arn

17. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

well, iTunes 5 fakes aside, i would love the home on the iPod feature. that would be amazing if it were true. think about it, if i am at someone else's house, and they had panther, i could log in on their computer and show them stuff, have my settings for everything, and still have massive portability.

that's what i want at MWSF 2004. that and flash based iPods for my friends:D

ps-pyrotoaster-your avatar is awesome!

18. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

Apple-X.net which is where the orig. pics came from said they have not confirmed the pictures are fake.

They said if Apple doesn't contact them then the pictures are probably fakes but if they do get contacted by Apple then the pictures are probably real.

Is iTunes developed inside of Apple or is it open like Safari more or so is?

19. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

the most open part of itunes is the name

20. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

I'm really looking forward to the iPod HOME feature too ---- I can see myself using that lot

what's up with the tablet rumors?? no expectations of a tablet anymore?

21. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

The Panther Home on iPod thingy sounds great (though I don't plan on buying an iPod bigger than my 5 gig one right now).

As for the tablet rumors, those are speculation more than anything else. A possibility with no real confirmation. I think what we're really looking at (in the vague future) is a new Digital Lifestyle Device that may (or may not) be tablet-like. A tablet any time soon is very unlikely, though.

22. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

MOSR is a bunch of bull ****.

I can't believe I supported them by clicking that link. Ugh...

scem0