BIG NEWS!!!! New ipod?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by XeloX, Nov 15, 2006.

1. XeloX macrumors newbie

I recentley saw this image of an ipod on a website :eek: !!!!
    I wanna know if this: is real or fake, anyway it looks pritty darn cool :D , i wanna have it!
    [​IMG]

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

have a look about, your see hundreds of ipod mock-ups, none of which are real, the only time yourll see a glamour pic like that of an appple product, will be on the day of its release

3. Butters macrumors 6502

eugh

compared to other fakes that's nasty and zune-like

i do like the fact that the bar in the ui is graphite and not aqua blue though

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Still, looks to have a better interface than a Zune. A working scrollwheel! yeys

5. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

uhh FAKE! here's why
    1. it looks weird,
    2. the "Now Playing" is lopsided,
    3. the UI looks wonky, not right colors etc.
    4. No album art, if apple made it, they would have shown album art
    5. The progress bar should be in the middle if 3;30 has elapsed and 3;30 is remaining
    6. 2 of 3000? Why? they would have put it out of an album not the whole library,

6. XeloX thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm

yeah it could be a fake yes but i still like it :D wouldent mind if i had it if it works :)

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wow, that's a great design.......for right handed people.

The great thing about the iPod is that left-handed people have an equally easy time using it. That can't be said for this thing. Yes, it's easy to use with the left hand since you can use the scroll wheel, but the menu button is now at the bottom (inconsistent with iPods), skipping backwards now means skipping forwards, um......the video would be upside down!

I'm right handed, but c'mon, if I can spot all these negatives, I'm sure a real left hander can do even better.

8. Quboid macrumors 6502

Really good point. Left handed people would have a hell of a time with that one. Cool design, though

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, yeah... but it looks just like a rotated iPod, so I suppose the design coolness is simply inherited. Now, if it has an accelerometer built in and rotated the display and controls when it was held vertically or rotated left or right (to accommodate lefties and righties), well, then, that'd be pretty cool. More so if it was just a touch screen with the same rotated control/display concept.

We'll see soon enough, though.

10. Quboid macrumors 6502

?????

Is it just me, or did that picture just get edit. I have to make sure. i just bent my head and did some calculus questions and when i refreshed the page, i swear the picture is now diferent. Even the track is changed? hmmmmm, i could be the caculus, but is it?

11. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yes, it used to be in Spanish (IIRC). He spammed it in a number of places and got banned for it.

12. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

the OP changed his/her 'find' to address some of the obvious limitations to his/her photoshop creation. so i guess its real now. :rolleyes:

13. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

It's refreshing to see someone get banned for posting product rumours (faked or otherwise) on a site dedicated to, of all things, rumours. :)

^ that was sarcasm, btw. ^

14. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The banning was for spamming it at least four times.

15. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

registration to banning in less then two hours.
    i wonder if it is a MR record:)

16. imacintel macrumors 68000

Welcome to Banville :) Although, I do find it tough(I have been banned), I was banned for copying an avatar maybe i shouldnt of done that. But I was said to be editing my sig too much. :confused:

17. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Not even close. There've been folks banned within seconds of registering. (Specifically, when a banned person has been caught in the midst of re-registering and re-banned even before they were able to make a single post. I caught someone doing that once and helped make it happen. ;) )