Big Problem Need Help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Alexmacintosh, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Alexmacintosh macrumors newbie

So i purchased a 23" Apple Cinema Display but completely forgot that my PC laptop doesn't have a DVI input. So I ordered at an online store a VGA (male) to DVI (Female) adapter.

Will this make my display work with my Laptop??

Thanks
    Alex

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. Alexmacintosh thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Alexmacintosh thread starter macrumors newbie

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I have no idea, I'm afraid. I've never touched a PC. I just thought you'd better be specific if you wanted anyone else here to answer your question.

6. Alexmacintosh thread starter macrumors newbie

The connection is the problem, i purchased an adapter so i was just inquiring if this would be the solution. I don't think it has anything to do with the laptop iself.

7. clintob macrumors 6502

clintob

Unless you have a higher-end graphics card than comes standard with your laptop, I think the answer is no... or at least, it wont work to its full potential.

The 23" Cinema Display has a native resolution of 1920x1200. Your Pavillion has an Intel 82855 GME graphics card (according to their website) which only supports resolutions up to 1600x1200.

You can give it a try with the adapter, but my guess would be you'll have some trouble. If anything, it's probably going to strain your graphics card pretty heavily and cause your computer to run slower than normal.

8. Alexmacintosh thread starter macrumors newbie