Big problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pcomac, Jan 3, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

i ordered iphone 5 and when i ordered it, its suppose to be delivered 9-10th. but now when i got to track my package, it says it will be delivered on the 7th. usually its nice to get things earlier but im not going to be home at that time and wont be back until the 9th. what will happen to my package if im not there to receive it? is there a way to delay the delivery?

2. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I don't know if there's a way to delay the delivery (I don't think there is) but, depending on where you live, you may be able to pre-sign for the delivery, upon which they'll leave it at your front door, or they'll attempt to re-deliver it the next day (and maybe the day after that as well). If they can't seem to catch you when you're home, you'll likely be able to pick it up at a nearby distribution center for whichever company is delivering the phone.

More info from Apple here: http://store.apple.com/us/help/shipping_delivery#delivery

3. thread starter macrumors regular

how many times would they try to redeliver before i have to go to ups center?

4. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Depends on where you live, I think. For me, in Boston (i.e. US), I believe they make three (3) attempts total before holding it at their facility.

See below:

Source: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/infonotice.html

5. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You can actually call after the first attempt and have them hold it, pretty much ever purchase I've made from Apple arrives a day or 2 early.

6. macrumors 601

I think on the UPS site, there maybe a place for you to change delivery method to HOLD FOR PICKUP.