Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacUser37

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
HI

I have a video production business and noticed big problems on video capture in Final Cut Express 3. Not the oldest software in the world. It has never happened before. I noticed it happened AFTER updating to 10.4.9.

I phoned mac support and explained the issues. They didn't seem to be aware of a problem.

I told them yes it's a big problem and it will affect thousands of video editors.

I then got this email confirming yes there is a problem.

Link: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n305284

Final Cut Pro 4.5 and Final Cut Express 3.0: Issues with Mac OS X 10.4.9
Issue

Final Cut Pro 4.5 and Final Cut Express 3.0 may drop frames when attempting to capture video if Mac OS X 10.4.9 is installed. Final Cut Pro 5 and Final Cut Express 3.5 are not affected by this issue.

Affected Products:

Mac OS X 10.4.9
Final Cut Pro 4.5 and earlier
Final Cut Express 3.0 and earlier
Solution

Currently, Apple is recommending against running Final Cut Pro 4.5 or Final Cut Express 3.0 in Mac OS X 10.4.9.

Archive and install Mac OS X to revert your operating system to Mac OS X 10.4.8.

This document will be updated as more information becomes available.

THIS STINKS....why should I have to buy Final CUT 3.5!!! . Final Cut 3/ Final Cut 4.5 users bewarned. DO NOT UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE to 10.4.9 it will render your video capture useless.

CaptainHaddock

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2004
Nagoya, Japan
One more good example of why it's good to wait a week or two before installing an update. Let other people be bug testers before you risk a stable working system to a buggy update.

stringtheorist

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2008
I am thinking of buying FCE 3.0 (unused stock clearance). I have an iMac OS X 10.5.2 Leopard. Does this mean it won't work with my system? Do I need to get the latest version of FCE?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.