Big Winners: Think Secret, MacWhispers

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by DHagan4755, Apr 29, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

As far as rumors go, it appears that Think Secret took the grand prize yesterday, pretty much nailing the new cosmetic redesign iPod and music service Apple was going to unveil. They were also right on with regard to last week's release of new iBooks too. Suprising to me, however, was the fact that Mac Whispers got a small detail to us before Think Secret on March 6th and was accurate at a distance. Many were stumped by the Firewire/USB combo cable because it seemed like a left field rumor. (Link: http://www.envestco2.com/macwhispers/archives/000045.php). He has a ton of other rumors that he has not accurately predicted, but they are older rumors. It makes one wonder what else has he published that may actually come true?

eg.
    970 PowerBooks
    970 Towers
    30 in Cinema Display

Speculating now, I believe that Apple was working on releasing new iPods after Christmas, as MacWhispers and others had reported, in the older designs, but pulled the release because they were close to completion on two other projects, which we now know as the Apple Music Store and the newly redesigned iPod.

2. macrumors 6502a

he did contradict think secret on no changes to ipod buttons etc which he got totally wrong and think secret got right and an earlier post said white back didn't it? and its still chrome.

3. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

welll they got the main description pretty good

4. Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

even a blind squirrel will find a nut now and then.

5. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I hadn't posted a true rumor wrapup... as I started to, and I felt like it wouldn't be much different from the roundup I posted a few days prior -- which is generally a good sign -- all the major rumors came true.

My observation on MacWhispers:

1) Yes, they apparently do have _some_ contacts... in that the USB/Firewire plug was reported by them.

2) Their sources are not consistently accurate - This was another one of their posts:

http://www.envestco2.com/macwhispers/archives/000059.php

arn

6. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

He is telling us this because he knows he sources are very very very good. :D

(not sarcastic, they really are)

7. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

not sure what you meant... but MacWhispers shows promise in the future... they do have a lot of rumors floating out there... we'll see what comes down.

arn

8. macrumors 604

scem0

I really like MacWhispers. They present rumors precisely,
    concisely, and sometimes accurately. I like how they are very
    specific in their rumors, and don't make wide generalizations.
    I also like the simple layout of their site. :)

9. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

:D :D

These were from awhile ago, so where is the PPC 970 PowerBook and the Mini-Table -- they were/are in production.

But they got the USB/Firewire cable right so all is forgiven. :rolleyes: :p

10. macrumors 604

scem0

I hope you don't mind me using this quite often. I think that is great. :D