bigger macbook screen size

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by newbie7, Nov 21, 2006.

1. newbie7 macrumors newbie

will apple ever make a macbook bigger than a 13"?

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

They already do - it's called the MacBook Pro.

That, and technically speaking, the MacBook is 13.3" ;)

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Erm, isn't it called the MacBook Pro? I would go with no. That and taking into consideration all of our complaints about the lack of a *smaller* Apple notebook, I think you have to get in line behind us! ;)

But we should hear you out... what would you like to see? Particularly in terms of how this product would be different from an MBP, besides the obvious (being white or black instead of aluminum)?

4. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

The rumours of a bigger macbook probably refer to the next mbp. I find it hard to believe Apple would overlap the two lines that much.

5. jonutarr macrumors regular

jonutarr

yeah

had a 14" G3 iBook, I currently have 14" G4 iBook, NOW gimme a 14" matte screen macbook!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i really dont like how they cut the line in half, & for what? a superficial blackbok?

dont want the extra features & cost of a MBP, i like plastic better too,

not buying a apple laptop till they change back,
    this year has been a very big disappointment for Mac laptop hardware:(

hope your listening apple!!!!!

6. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

I think you're in the minority on this one. Most of us tend to fall on the other side of this issue, wishing that Apple would bring back a 12 inch model.

7. Chosenbydestiny macrumors member

Amen to that, I like portables to be ULTRA portable while desktop monitors are ridiculously huge at home. Then I'd like to be able to connect my ultra portable to the huge monitor or projector when I have to, lol.

8. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm very happy with the 13.3" macbook size. Not too big, not too small. 12" is sweet for portability, but I like the fact that I can still do layout work on my macbook, and play games like WoW without feeling like things are too cramped.

If you want a bigger screen, go MBP!

9. newbie7 thread starter macrumors newbie

i basically do not need the extra features that the macbook pro offers. I like the macbook but i just wish it came in a 15". I don't want to spend the extra money for programs that i do not need. I will be buying my first apple computer and I want to make the right decision on my purchase. All i need the laptop for is just to surf online, store pictures etc.. that is why the macbook is good for me, but i dont' like the fact that it only comes in 13" I currently have a 17" Dell laptop and i love having the big screen...

10. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

both models come with the same programs. it's the hardware you're paying extra for.