Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
Well now Abrams is doing both franchises maybe we will find out. I just hope Disney doesn't buy up Star Trek as well because then who knows what junk they will turn out!

Agreed. As advised in yet another sci-fi franchise -- don't cross the streams. :)

The deflector dish is not part of the deflector shields. What it actually does is send out beams that push objects like small asteroids out of the ship's path while it's traveling at warp.

The deflector dish is the device that emits the deflector shields, which are the beams that push (i.e. deflect) small particles and radiation away from the ship, regardless of sp...

...waitasec. Am I being trolled?

Attachments

• eddiemurphy-mymouthwasopen.JPG
    eddiemurphy-mymouthwasopen.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 87

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I have to admit agreeing with RawBert; this has indeed played out like that "what if" game that Sheldon and Amy play on The Big Bang Theory. It's occasionally fun to speculate about such trivial things.

/no, that's my spot. :D

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Take it and change you sig; your chance ;)

While Einstein probably never wrote/said it...every thinks it's an Einstein quote. If I take credit for it, it might well be seen as plagiarism, at best... or total megalomania, at worst.:eek:

I think I'll just leave it as it is. It also has given some folks the enjoyment of pointing out that the sig is probably misattributed, or just plain never happened.

I wouldn't want to deprive anyone the pleasure of pointing out the error.;)

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Since it's my sig, I think it's only fair, in the service of full disclosure, to admit that there is serious question as to to whether Einstein ever really said it. It is frequently cited, but when I did some research on the quote, no one seems to be able to find it anywhere in his writings or records of his spoken issuances.

Since I never let facts get in the way, I've left it as a quote, but I'm not sure it is really Einsteinian.

I may have read it was from Heisenberg, but it's uncertain.

Or it could be from Pauli, but not exclusively.

OhKay

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2010
Two hydrogen atoms go into a bar.
Atom One: I think I lost an electron.
Atom Two: Are you sure?
Atom One: Yes, I'm positive!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.