Biker survives mountain lion attack

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Jan 10, 2004.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    "This guy would not let go. He had a hold of her face," said Debbie Nichols, who was riding with Hjelle and held on to her friend during a desperate tug-of-war with the cat. "I just told her, 'I'm never letting go."

I pray that she will survive. She is very lucky to have such a brave friend. The previous biker wasn't so lucky. Mark Jeffrey Reynolds, 35 years old, died and they think it was the same mountian lion.
  2. Wes macrumors 68020

Jun 22, 2001
    I think there'll be some marksmen up in those hills hunting this thing down soon.
  3. mykemp macrumors newbie

Dec 10, 2003
    Richmond, VA
    I believe that I heard something about the park rangers or hunters killing a 125 pound mountain lion they suspect of being the one.

My thoughts have been with the lady who has survived the attack. I hope that she recovers quickly.
  4. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    My thoughts and prayers are with both victims and their families and friends. I believe that they found the mountain lion involved and shot him.
  5. etoiles macrumors 6502a

Jun 12, 2002
    Where the air is crisp

I just came back from holidays and was told this story on the way back from the airport (I live in the area). Another reason not to go hiking/biking on your own, I guess...

I can't believe the lion viciously attacked two people the same day. Apparently animals can be as sick in the head as some humans. :(