Bill Clinton advises Dubai as Hillary attacks its US ports deal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aquajet, Mar 2, 2006.

1. aquajet macrumors 68020

Link

2. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

SSSSssssssshhhhhhhhh.

As you can tell by the lack of posts in this thread, that this sort of news doesn't play well here.

Where is the outrage, and anger?!
    He must of had too much contact with the Bush family, that is why he is doing it. Bush 1's Christianity is starting to rub off and taint St. Bill.

Well?

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Yawn. Seems just to be how business is done in DC, on both sides of the aisle.

Bob Dole is also advising Dubai Ports World, and his wife is in the senate too.

B

4. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

5. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

British courts have given the go ahead for P&O sale... despite protests from the u.s.

What is has to do with the u.s. is beyond me.. keep its nose out of other countries business. thats what.

Capitalism at work.. just not on u.s terms.. freedom of speech, capitalism is ok for the u.s, until they disagree....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4765262.stm

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Damn. I must be tired. I read that as Bill not being able to buy heroin anymore. That's one rumor about him i hadn't heard. :p

Further, I think Bill's "access" to Hillary may just have been a one time deal. ;)

B

7. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Are you being facetious or are you really ignorant as to why the U.S. is concerned? :confused:

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

about which? that mr clinton is advising? that mrs clinton is opposing the deal? that they're married and have differing opinions?

about what are you expecting me to be angry?

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

St. Bill? Does anyone here even like either Clinton? I agree, this is a non-issue. People are allowed to disagree with each other. Even if they're married. Even if they're Republicans, as you can see by the Doles. Even though Bob and Bill are probably just doing it for the money and their wives are just doing it for political capital. I'm sure both parties often disagree with their mutual spouses on certain issues.

But thank you for posting it Aqua, if for nothing else than to show they don't seem to talk about these things.

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Must be the "Brangelina" effect.

Bill is not Hillary and Hillary is not Bill. Guess they see things differently on this issue.

It's not as if this doesn't happen. Just ask James Carville and Mary Matalin.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Both sides are guilty of the selling off of anything American including our borders,ports and manufactoring. Unless we cut the ties that bind govt/business our country will continue this until there isnt any America, we will be a borderless nation with no identity. Globalization at any cost is our govts theme. Bought and paid for by the megacoporations who bribe both sides of the isle making sure port deals and such are made.

12. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Take over of British companies is nothing to do with the states - the port deal is up to the u.s to sort out. If British courts OK company take overs, then so be it.

That is my point.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Here is just one example of the right being perfectly willing to excoriate the Clintons while leaving the Doles alone. In fact, I don't see one mention of a Dole in that whole column. Funny how that happens...

Also I'd like to point out that Bill didn't get involved until AFTER this story broke, and is working towards the same ends as Hillary. Bob Dole, OTOH, was involved long before the story broke, and is working at cross purposes to Elizabeth, who has condemned the deal while her husband works behind the scene to get it approved without the necessary regulatory process.

But hey, I guess the fact that there have been no comments about the Doles shows how little the righties here want to deal with it, huh? :rolleyes:

Oh, and anyone who thinks the righty blogs aren't carrying this story -- just do a google search for "Bill Clinton Dubai Blog". Plenty of red meat there for ya.

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, that's the amusing thing about having an administration that is so corrupt on a daily basis. Bush's defenders have their backs against the wall so much of the time that they leap at any hint of Democratic scandal, whether real (as the Conyers thing may be) or imagined (as this is).

15. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm still unclear about exactly what i'm supposed to be angry.

16. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Stella, I hate to break it to you, but we're not trying to block the sale of the company. Granted, the article is poorly written. When it stated that Clinton was trying to block the deal, that was referring to our contract with Dubai, not the acquisition. The issue that Mrs. Clinton and many in Congress have is that we hired a British company to handle the ports and that company has been sold to a government just before it's contract were to start. As for the deal, I couldn't care less. I just wanted to address your anti-America rant.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Because one Clinton says one thing and the other says something else. So they're hypocrites. Even though they aren't (well, not for this anyway). The Doles, on the other hand, are fine upstanding citizens. Ya darn liberal.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hillary Rodham Clinton! There, that should have driven you into a frothing-at-the-mouth frenzy.

Oh well, it works on your average righty. ;)