Bill G attempts to take a jab at Apple

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac-er, May 6, 2005.

1. mac-er macrumors 65816

In this article on Yahoo!, Bill Gates takes a jab at Apple.

Its only a few paragraphs (the rest of the article talks about Xbox 360, overtaking Sony, and stock options, etc).

Is that last comment (bolded) really supposed to be a jab at Apple?
    Sounds more like a jab at his own OS.

My answer to Bill G. : Yeah, they will work on the Mac and won't on the PC.

UPDATE
    This more complete interview with Bill G. reveals that on May 2, he had already gotten his grubby hands on a public release of Tiger.

2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I think Bill got confused - on Macs, you "stick" your Applications in there. In windows, you install it, screw up the registry and install a thousand files which are scattered around the OS.

I'm pissed at Microsoft because I disabled Windows File Protection, a REALLY annoying thing, and THE MAIN THEME GOT MESSED UP!!! I had to copy it from my dads computer onto my shuffle. THE MAIN LUNA THEME!!!

So, which works?

Also, I REALLY want AdiumX on Windows, but THAT doesnt work!

3. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Yea but you do have to use that installer to install apps, right?

Although I did "stick" a screen saver into the Screensaver folder and it worked wonderfully :)

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

On some - and I think that's primarily system-related stuff, but many simply copy into the Applications folder and run. Nice.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

blah, blah, blah

I can just imagine all the *press* MS is going to get when Longhorn finally comes out :D

For a 'super small-market guy', Apple is obviously getting quite a lot of attention - its got to bother him some...

D

6. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

LOL! You guys need to give Bill a break, he's the biggest dryball when it comes to humor. If he hosted SNL, he'd put the whole audience to sleep.

7. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I think the unspoken finish to that sentence is "And then run another program and see if IT runs or crashes. Mainly because it shares a DLL with what you just installed. I like doughnuts."

8. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I still think Steve Balmers claim that Tiger "copied" a bunch of stuff from Longhorn is the greatest M$ statement as of late. I mean clearly Steve Jobs used his Time Machine to go and copy longhorn! :rolleyes:

9. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I just choked on my seltzer. That was HILARIOUS. Oh my God. The doughnuts thing was utterly great. Hahaha.

10. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Me too. :)

11. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

But why even mention Apple at all. Apple is just a tiny guy. The real threat is that Linux crap.