Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC
Originally posted by SeaFox
Yeah. That's how I saw it, too.

The mainframe couldn't enter the Matrix itself to get Smith. So when Neo jacked into the Matrix through the Mainframe and not on the pirate signals of the Matrix the Mainframe had a conduit in that was more than all the other human wetware.

Neo let Smith assimilate him so the Mainframe would be able to get at him.

*** SPOILER WARNING ***

Not to threadjack this forum for meaningless drivel, but the reason the Smiths exploded was not because of Neo, but the lack of Neo. Remember, the Oracle told Neo that Smith grew more powerful as the Matrix attempted to "balance the equation." If the reality of the Matrix can be seen as
Code:
(Neo) = X*(Smith)
, where X is Smith's power, if Neo = 0, then X must also equal 0, thus, without Neo, Smith cannot exist.

*** END SPOILERS ***

Regardless, the fact of the matter is that this parody doubtlessly sucks and that Microsoft, Gates and Balmer envision themselves as such shows just how out of touch they are...

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Hahah... I'm not down enough with the Matrix to conclude this... but could someone please throw down an analogy on viruses, in the matrix, attacking windows... i dunno... seems like there outta be something there.

ipot

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2003
Germany
Nobody noticed? Longhorn IS the Matrix! You can see it in the very last pictures!!

Anybody a link to the video? I would realy like to see this one! And be honest, that video MUST be funny...I think MS got it all totally wrong and made an amusement about itself.

manitoubalck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AGENT SMITH: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I've realized that you are not actually mammals.

AGENT SMITH: Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment. But you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area.

AGENT SMITH: There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus.

AGENT SMITH: Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague. And we are... the cure.

See what you can do with that.

manitoubalck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Or this

AGENT SMITH: Have you ever stood and stared at it, Morpheus? Marveled at its beauty. Its genius. Billions of people just living out their lives... oblivious.

AGENT SMITH: Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost.

AGENT SMITH: Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery.

AGENT SMITH: The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was re-designed to this: the peak of your civilization.

AGENT SMITH: I say 'your civilization' because as soon as we start thinking for you, it really becomes our civilization, which is, of course, what this is all about.

AGENT SMITH: Evolution, Morpheus. Evolution.

AGENT SMITH: Like the dinosaur. Look out that window. You had your time.

AGENT SMITH: The future is our world, Morpheus. The future is our time

techne

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
Originally posted by manitoubalck
Why were there no great speaches like this in the second two movies?, There are others but these two fit with what cr2sh was trying to get @.

Are you kidding me? Nihilism and Hope had never battled like this:

* possible spoilers ahead *

Agent Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more that your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?
Neo: Because I choose to.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Originally posted by the_mole1314
Hey guys, does this kinda remind you of something?

Plus, the 'da-da-da' commerical made them just look really stupid, which isn't really hard to do.

are those cheeseburgers? they look like'em

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Well, MS has never innovated in the past, why start now? Take a success by someone else (regardless of your opinion of the movie series) and play off it - that's the Bill Gates Way. He couldn't even figure out the appeal of the LAN, giving rise to Novell. Missed the 'Net altogether and had to use the WinDoze monopoly to recover. What a waste. What a jerk. Imagine where we would be ... At this point, I think MS is the ultimate example of where capitalism fails. God, I hope I live long enough to see MS go down the tubes and reason prevail.

MasterMac

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Re: To those of you saying Microsoft is The Matrix

Originally posted by amnesiac1984
To those of you saying Microsoft is The Matrix and Linux etc are Neo and his buddies, have you not seen the animatrix? Its the humans who started the war. Its the human who persecuted the machines. Even when the machines moved to their own country and tried to live in peace with the humans. Well the americans got a little nervous about "national security". And look where that attitude got them!!

Huh? Where in the Animatrix did they say it was just the Americans? Last time I watched the Animatrix, it was the UN who was getting all "nervous" :rolleyes:

stoid

macrumors 601
Re: What About Apple?

Originally posted by SeaFox
Where would the Mac have been in this whole thing?

Are we the anamolis programs? Trapped in the Matrix world but functioning outside its rules?

Mac users are those trapped inside the Matrix that know that the Matrix is a fat pile of horse ****, but we are stuck in an ignorant and blind world. Like "The Kid" and Neo before he was freed. We realize that something is not right, but we can't do anything but wait and hope that the ignorant become less ignorant.

edit: WHOA, that's a bit more zealot-o-rific than I wanted to be. Sorry.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
I hope this video spawns legions of Linux/Mac junkies producing videos that blow the star wars kid away..... Oh man, the possibilities.

amnesiac1984

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2002
Europe
Re: Re: To those of you saying Microsoft is The Matrix

Originally posted by MasterMac
Huh? Where in the Animatrix did they say it was just the Americans? Last time I watched the Animatrix, it was the UN who was getting all "nervous" :rolleyes:

I stand corrected, but my point still remains.
Hopefully is something similar actually happens in the future the Matrix could be a lesson to us all. I mean what will happen when we invent AI? The machines only got nasty after being rejected by the humans.

davesag

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2003
varies
Originally posted by Kid Red
ot- But Matrix 3 did have some flaws, not nearly as many have said tho. However, there is NOTHING on this planet even close to the sentinel battle sequence in Zion. NOTHING. Simply gorgeously amazing stunning visuals. That is half of the Matrix, stunning visuals and the final does not disappoint.

Why did those 'sentinals', which were so intimidating and seemingly so smart in 'The Matrix' just stupidly zoom around and around like so much connon fodder, instead of just getting in and killing people like they are meant to.

It was just galaga for the cinema. or I am just too old. (old enough to remember galaga anway).

I've seen many a panel van with 'sumptious visuals', but that doesn't make it a great car. Now 'Kill Bill' had sumptious visuals, made a lot more sense, and I stayed awake throughout the whole thing. Unlike MRev where i had to be nudged awake by my companion during the many overly long and boring bits of 'dialogue for stupid people, or kids'. No they should have just left the matrix as it was with no follow ups. they were both weaker than starwars, and man, that's weak.

MasterMac

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Originally posted by davesag
Why did those 'sentinals', which were so intimidating and seemingly so smart in 'The Matrix' just stupidly zoom around and around like so much connon fodder, instead of just getting in and killing people like they are meant to.

***Spoiler Warning -- Don't read if you haven't seen the movie***
Hmm, well in Matrix 1 the sentinals weren't under fire by hundreds of machines and guns like they were in Revolutions, were they? And they weren't "stupidly" zooming around, they were doing their best to avoid the gunfire. I believe the camera zoomed in on one of these sentinals soon after the dock was breached and you could see how it was avoiding all the gun shots. They also had some sentinals designed to protect those driller machines by flying all around them making sure that any missiles didn't hit the drillers, which seems pretty smart to me. Also in Reloaded you see that instead of going in themselves to attack the ship they send in a grenade-type weapon and go in once the ship is destroyed (basically, to get rid of any possibility that the humans would use their EMP). But in the Matrix 1 all they did was clamp onto the ship and start using their little lazer thing... Now it doesn't take a genius (IMO) to see that clearly they were acting smarter in Revolutions (and Reloaded) than they were in the original...

Also, did you actually watch Revolutions, or at least the dock battle? IIRC, they DID kill MOST of the people guarding the dock and they DID manage to destroy most everything in the dock, and they still had thousands of sentinals flying around there, and they were just about to destroy the rest of Zion before Neo struck a deal with the machines... so obviously those sentinals were effective.

Edit; spelling fixes

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Originally posted by davesag
No they should have just left the matrix as it was with no follow ups. they were both weaker than starwars, and man, that's weak.
But The Matrix, like Star Wars and Lord of The Rings (sorta), was designed from the beginning as a trilogy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.