Bill Gates at the Macworld Expo

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by markiv810, Jan 7, 2003.

1. markiv810 macrumors regular

I watched the Expo, and a friend of mine who was at the expo called me and told me that Bill gates was at the Expo.

Y'all Heard about that ?

2. alset macrumors 65816

alset

I would have to wonder why he would be walking around if he wasn't making a presentation. I figure his evil minions would be able to collect info for him without his ever having risk being cornered by a bunch of angry Mac users who want to know why IE is so bad. It's be kind of funny, though. 8)

Dan

3. exbox macrumors member

Re: Bill Gates at the Macworld Expo

wasn't Bill introducing a new product on the day of Steve's keynote? Also, what day was your friend at the expo? Bill could of been there on one of the later days.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i heard this too, in the chat before the expo... couldn't confirm it for myself... i can't imagine him just walking around, it'd be a good way to have a repeat of the pie incident, only more violent... i could see jobs extending the olive branch and inviting him backstage, so the other apple folks could watch the look on his face...

did he make a presentation that day? i thought it was the day before...

pnw

5. blogo macrumors 6502

Re: Re: Bill Gates at the Macworld Expo

i think he presented a clock, with a radio in it or something. Anyway it is useless. :rolleyes:

6. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

There were a lot of people at MWSF who looked nerdy enough to be Bill Gates' twin.

Also, there were some really cute girls. I was thinking as I walked around that at MacWorld, the really cute girls are paying to get in and see the show, whereas at Comdex the cute girls are paid to sit in booths, and lure you into the show.

7. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

apparently bill gates was at macworld, and even introduced the burton ski-jacket. i have to make a comment here about a teacher trying to name-drop tech terms to impress us "hip" kids...

on the friday after macworld, i went to my mass comm class and the teacher told us how we really needed to keep up on all of this new technology. she noted that for the class, we needed to be able to download and view PDF files, which she said stood for "Portable Digital Format". Strike 1. next, she informed us about what bill gates had unveiled at appleworld in new york, which was an amazing new jacket that controls your ipod through the sleeve (wow, a hatrick of strikes. i know that i'm a nerd, but for the love of God, how can you think that bg is the ceo of apple? and if you are really trying to impress the kids, don't you think that you could at least get the name and city right?). she then told us that if we really wanted to be organized, we should do what she does and keep all of our important information on a PDA, which apparently stands for "Personal Digital Computer" (Strike 5. i can understand not having any idea what you are saying, but that doesn't even fit the acronym!).

that is why you should never try to named-drop.

8. janey macrumors 603

janey

The idea of seeing Bill Gates @ Macworld is cool...maybe HE was the one with the Dell!