Bill Gates Loves Whippped Cream.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by pdpfilms, Sep 14, 2005.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

2. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Nice clip. I love the pie in the face option of unveiling your frustrations. All the better when it happens to someone you'd love to do that too. :D

3. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

How cool would it be to say, "I pied Bill gates in the face!"

That was pretty lousy though. Funny. But lousy.

4. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

Damn, some of you really need help in coping with your obsession.

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

think that's actually pretty old... but funny anyway i suppose :D

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Great clip. What is not to love about Gates getting hit by a pie right on his kisser?! :D

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

8. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Ah yes, but what's most rewarding is that it still makes us laugh every time!

9. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

10. thinkharder macrumors newbie

I don't understand why Mac Users hate Bill Gates so much. You guys are so hypocritcal. Bill Gates is the greatest philanthropist in human history. Let me repeat, Steve Jobs, has not donated anything...ANYTHING...ANYTHING.. to any charitable organization / good social cause for that matter by himself.

You guys all sicken me.

11. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Funny how some of the "Greatest Philanthropists" in human history also had the most questionable business practices: Ford, Olin, Rockefeller, Carnegie, Gates. Last time I checked, Jobs wasn't tied up in a mess of multinational antitrust lawsuits.

So, did you join MR just to troll on this thread, or do you actually own a Mac?

12. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

philanthropist? HA!

The pocket change falling out of his paints as he gets out of the dentist chair, could be considered as an incredable ammount of charity. What % of his income does he give to chairty?

You have to remember he is the richest man in the world, he can afford to throw around millions of dollars without careing. Just because he gives millions does not make him a "philanthropist". it just means hes filthy rich, and can afford to make people think he's generous. I give around 17% of my income, year to year, to different charities. What % does bill give? Much less I imagine. 1-7%?

If I were to give 100% of my income to charities, you still would not call me a "philanthropist", because I am not a millionare. If I did, no one would care. Bill could give MUCH, MUCH more than he does. But he gives just enough so people like you will THINK he is a great philanthropist.

To you he is giving a huge ammount, to him its pocket change
    You must think on a larger scale.

13. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

Bill Gates also plans to give away nearly all of his money before he dies - he is leaving a small pittance, 10 million dollars, to each of his children, and will give the rest away.

Go back to flaming the man for "stealing" Apple-exclusives like the word "gadget" or OS X' patent on silver themed UI.

14. thinkharder macrumors newbie

thanks for proving my point.
    I don't see Steve Jobs doing this. :rolleyes:

15. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

I'm not bothering with whether or not Jobs is as "good" a person as Gates due to their respective philanthropic donations, I just don't care for the demonizing of Bill Gates by the Mac/Linux/anti-MS zealouts.

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Wow, so much misinformation. For the record, Jobs has given quite a bit to charity. He just doesn't publicize it as much. Bill Gates isn't that bad of a person, but he has done some pretty awful things in the name of money and power. No amount of money will change that, and considering how much he's screwed over Mac users (heck, computer users in general) we can laugh that he got a little comeuppance in the form of a pie to the face. It's funny. It's not like he got shot.

And for those who don't know, Billy didn't used to give away anything. I don't know if it was publicity, or guilt, or his wife, but something changed and he set up a foundation. Good for him. He still deserves a pie in the face.

17. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

You know how old this news is? My brother had a picture of it taped in his locker when he was in 10th grade. That was 10 YEARS AGO!

Oh, and Alan Shawn Fienstein is a "better"* philanthropist than Gates could ever be :p

*: Of course, anyone who gives craploads of money to charities and such can't be all bad ;)

18. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

HAHAHa!!!!! Wow... I can't believe I just realized this.... but Bill Gates is so nerdy!!!! lol. :D Steve is more of a normal guy, geeky maybe... but not nerdy

19. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

He was one of the few people who kept the Mac alive during its darker years in the mid 90's. And Steve isn't exactly a softy... :rolleyes:

20. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

Glad you pointed this out. Its one thing to give money to charity, if you have it or mountains of it, out of public image or even because society "expects you too" because your the richest person in the world. Its another if you give it outta of your heart.

Given to charity, or caring about world issues; the golden shoe goes to Bono of U2! Thats someone I can respect. Although I'm not a huge fan (I do like some songs) of their music; I can fully appreciate that since the Joshua Tree's success (the band has been on a climb in popularity, sales, and awards since then), Bono takes the time to do what should be done by government officials around the world. He even pitches his own hard earned cash, even gets the band in on supporting what he believes can help this world. Many bands before were loved just on their music, even their names are about the lead singer, or the band. U2 >> includes everyone just in the title alone.

Sorry off topic. I think its hilarious. For all the wrong Gates has done he deserves this, probably humbled him even if for a few hours, that he too is only human.

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Never said he was. And I did say Bill wasn't all bad. ;) But considering he was one of the people that helped to kill Apple after ripping them off, the settlement money he invested netted him a nice profit after a few years and gave proof that Microsoft had viable competition in their monopoly defense. But hey, why look at the reasons behind the acts? Bill = giver of money. So he must be good, right? :rolleyes:

22. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Indeed! I used to love staring at barkmonster's avatar :D

[​IMG]

23. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Hits the spot every time! :D

24. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Surely Steve has given some money to charity. What's he worth, $3Billion?

I read the book about SJ, iCon and it didn't mention anything about it.

I know Billy Boy has his foundation, which is great. I know he's the enemy or whatever, but at least he has that.

25. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

So this is what happens when your brain atrophies!

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be some unholy combination of the tiger beat pics and a whipped cream bikini.

My mind wants to cry now.