Bill gates to make offer to nintendo!

Discussion in 'Community' started by thejazzman10, Aug 10, 2004.

1. thejazzman10 Guest

full article

thats just sad.......
  2. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Jul 11, 2004
    Houston, TX..... (keep walking)
    Maybe time to play Nitendo and MSFT stock ..... Unfortunately there is limited Nintendo trading in Japan, right?
  3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Oh god, please don't let this happen! Nintendo will always have a soft spot in my heart. I grew up with Nintendo. Yes, some people say that XBox and PS2 have now taken over, but nothing beats the imagination of many of the games created for the Nintendo systems. To me, they're like the Apple of the games console business, and I hope they never die. :)

4. Frink macrumors newbie

May 19, 2004
    MO, USA
    "...and with the company being in Yamauchi's family for over a century..."

Wait a sec, computers have only been around for about half a century (ENIAC, 1946). o_O

Maybe Nintendo used to make board games?

I highly doubt Nintendo would give in to Microscrap. I can see it now, "In other news, Nintendo's new console gets its first ever trojan virus after switching hands..."
  5. 12ibookg4 macrumors regular

Dec 22, 2003
    you're close, they used to make playing cards before they got into the video games
  6. Spock macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2002
    Nintendo says the company isn't going to be a part of Microsoft.

Yesterday, Bill Gates made an offer to buy Nintendo out from Hiroshi Yamauchi, and Nintendo has issued a response. "Nintendo is not for sale, and there is no such talk at all," said Yasuhiro Minagawa, Nintendo's public relations headman.

Well, that clears that up. I guess there won't be an "XCube" anytime soon.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Well you never know...they always say this when there ARE talks too.... But I kinda hope not also. I really have a soft spot for the great Nintendo characters. Don't know how I feel about Super Mario Service Pack 2. To me Nintendo has always been better at developing characters in their game series than anyone....
  8. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    yep, they started around 1898 (or wus it 1889?), anyways thats how thye got some of the ideas for future game stars.

This is sad and i hope nintendo will continue on its own. If anyone is going to buy nintendo it should be apple :p (j/k)