Bill gates will pay you to use IE

Discussion in 'Community' started by MontanaMacster, Jan 14, 2003.

1. MontanaMacster macrumors regular

We have all seen the chain emails in the past in which the claim bill gates will send the senders and recievers of the letter $$ just for using IE.
    Since Safari's release I recieved it at least 10 times. Give up you micrshaft wussies theirs a new sheriff in town.

2. Talon1138 macrumors newbie

bizarre

I don't quite understand microsoft's logic here. If it's true, then they just look like their running scared. My solution to Microsoft?make a better mac browser.

I dislike microsoft, but I will use whichever browser I think is the best. Now, it's Safari by a hair over Chimera.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

4. pantagruel macrumors regular

uh when safari is finished you couldnt pay me to use IE, lol!

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i'm not even going to dignify these urban legends with an in-depth explanation of how they're technically impossible and how they've been circulating the internet since it's inception... just know they're not true and don't forward them on :) or those stupid "forward these for a funny movie to appear" or any other chain letters... some people, no matter how many they pass on, never learn. my mother-in-law was actually a bit offended when i told her to stop, but it clears up my inbox a bit :)

pnw

6. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Microsoft is paying people in California who used their software. :rolleyes:

Sucking should be against the law!

7. ibjoshua macrumors 6502a

ibjoshua

it's true! it's true!

I'm a lawyer and I got a cheque from MS for US$16,435 just for forwarding this email to 10 of my friends!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha cough cough ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    (rofl)

ouch my stomach hurts!

;)

i_b_joshua

8. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

9. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

There is work to be done on IE, but overall it is the most consistent in rendering among the browsers available for Mac. The Mozilla browsers come in close behind, and then a bit further back is Safari, but I'm not going to come down on Safari because it is still a beta. Safari is very promising indeed. Until it gets a little more work done on it, I will have to stick to Internet Explorer, even if it is a Microsoft product.