Bill Maher's take on the midterm election

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I don't normally watch Larry King, but I caught it last night because Bill Maher was on.

I don't always agree with Maher on every issue, but on this particular broadcast, he was so right, so dead-on, that I thought I'd share it with you.

He discussed everything from why the GOP lost, to Karl Rove's and Howard Dean's strategies, to Hillary running for president.

Significantly...when he addressed gays in the Republican party, and King pressed him for names, Maher mentioned, "Well, Ken Mehlman, for one. I think everybody knows that." King asked him how he knew that, and that's when Maher cracked, "Well, maybe you don't go to the same bathhouse I do, Larry."

...But that snippet was edited out of the rebroadcast later that night. (This, unfortunately, is the rebroadcast version.) Hmmmmm.

Musta touched a nerve, huh?

Anyway, at 24 minutes, it's too big for a video file, so here is the audio. Enjoy and discuss.

2. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Transcript here: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0611/08/lkl.01.html

Best line:

:D

BTW, the transcript also reflects that the Ken Mehlman part has been removed.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You can find it here (well, part of it anyway): http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/11/09/maher-outs-mehlman-on-cnn/

I like Maher, but think he would better make his points if he wasn't always trying to push the envelope as much (ie piss people off). Like the Irwin costume thing. That was just tasteless. Or the very poorly worded, but partially correct 9/11 statements.

He does make some good points though, and you gotta love the delivery. :D