Bill O'Reilly: Unbelievable.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Xtremehkr, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Link.

[​IMG]

Indefensible. Watching Fox News is like wanting to be lied to.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You didnt mention Bill's Dirtysextalk with his producer that settled out of court? He is a liberal Republican diguised as Independent. I use to be a Liberal Republican but that party is running far far right so perhaps iam disguised as Bill. Everyone Spins on occasion even Bill. The Spin Stops Here! :D

3. MontyZ macrumors 6502a

This kind of thing probably explains why FOX News viewership has been sharply dropping over the past 7 months when they lost over 40% of their viewers, and the decline continues at a rapid pace.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Yay, maybe Rupert will begin to realize that media which takes such an extremely polarized view of the world will eventually only appeal to a minority. Even those red staters at some point have to realize they're being lied to.

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Funny thing...I think Biden is right even out of context.

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Hmmm...

Maybe O'Reilly and Moore should make a movie together....

Lethal

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

True? Where'd you hear this?

8. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Link

It would be interesting to see why viewerhip has dropped so dramatically.

9. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

I can tell you why viewership is down. After the election, most of us are sick of politics. I know I am (as evidenced by my departure from the political forum).

I watched Fox and Cnn during the election, now I watch CNBC exclusively. Great channel, btw.

10. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

Did you know Rupert is a major contributor to the Kerry camp during the election? Perhaps, he just present the news in the way he does to pander to an audience to make money.

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

have you got the numbers? i'm interested to see how much he contributed to each campaign.

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Personal donations made by Rupert Murdoch during the 2004 election cycle:

12/30/2003 $5,000 National Republican Congressional Cmte
    10/25/2004 $10,000 Republican Party of Washington
    10/18/2004 $10,000 Republican Party of Alaska
    12/4/2003 $5,000 News America Holdings
    6/27/2003 $2,000 Bush, George W
    5/29/2003 $2,000 Thomas, Bill
    6/27/2003 $2,000 Bush, George W

http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/s...txtZip=&txtEmploy=&txtCand=&txt2004=Y&Order=N

I had to look up the News American Holdings. It's a PAC run by Murdoch and FOX Corp.

...and Bill Thomas is a Congressman from California. Guess which party?

13. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

This murdoch contribution to his senate races in the past.

http://www.newsmeat.com/fec/bystate_detail.php?last=Murdoch&first=Rupert

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A64727-2004Jan30

14. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

bovine -- how did you get from "including" to "major contributor?"

and from your statement, i inferred that murdoch gave more money to kerry than bush. was that your intent?

IJ -- thanks for the data.

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Check the dates. The campaign donations made to Kerry were in 2001.

I've checked the data and can't find any contributions under Fox or News Corp.

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Politics, has replaced Truth, Honesty,and Integrity with Big Business,Big Business and a few Religions. :rolleyes:

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This is fun. In 2004, of the people who listed their employer as News Corporation, $3,826 was contributed to the Kerry campaign and $16,000 to Bush; $25,000 to a variety of state Republican party organizations and none to Democratic organizations.

18. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Demo's have Alienated the white sunday worshipper. Its pure spin if you think not. Thats how i see it and Bill plays off of them to a degree, it is the fox network., I think he leans right but he is open enough to hear the otherside and even sometimes leans left on some issues. He promotes a open debate if you dare. ;) I like Bill, I do not like the Bush Republicans. Bill is good for debate for the most part and has opened a lot of eyes on a lot of issues. No one is perfect. At least not in our times. But Bill does put the spotlight on issues that need more media attention. Thanks Bill though I dont allways agree with some of his views. Iraq for one.

19. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

that was a "my bad".

20. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

21. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I hope Bill O'Reilly chokes on his own vomit.

Fox News: Fair and Balanced. MY BUTT.

22. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I am so sorry to hear it.

The problem with O'Reilly is that he's an arrogant blowhard who pretends to be fair but is far from it. But his biggest problem is being a compulsive liar. He even lies about lying. I've known a few compulsive liars in my life, and I've found (it should come as no surprise) that they cannot be trusted further than you can throw them. They are sociopaths who will say and do anything without a single pang of guilt. I don't know the clinical definition, but as far as I can tell, they are missing the conscience gene. O'Reilly is a perfect model of every compulsive liar I've ever known. Whenever I see him on TV, I am just amazed that he's still there.

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Only a true independent would find that funny. :D To be fair, at least Moore presents it as opinion. Every interview I saw of him he was saying F9/11 was an editorial, not a documentary. But then again, O'Reilly was on a bunch of interviews saying that he hadn't decided who he was going to vote for in the last election. Maybe they're both liars. At least Roger and Me was entertaining.

DHM, listen to IJ. O'Reilly is just pretending to be an independent. Watch his interview with Bush and compare that to his interview with Moore (which was actually kinda funny BTW). Read anything by Al Franken about him. He's as Conservative as they come (for pay though, it seems).

24. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Funnier still for this comment. Halfway through the artcle I was thinking to myself how much fun it would be for Comedy Central to have Bill Mahr host a debate between these two next election cycle. Perhaps pre-recorded with "popup video" style references/debunks to expose each one's spin.

It's all in the presentation:

Itsonlyoneman'sopinionbut Neocons Blow Hairy Monkey Butt.

Does that disclaimer stand out?

25. MontyZ macrumors 6502a

It originally came from Nielsen Ratings website, but, now I can't find the page. I also heard this report on Air America and saw it mentioned on Salon and a few other websites.

Fox and republicans of course deny it and call it all a lie: something they're very familiar with.